Indian 841

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian 841

I may have found what I needed ,but still I am looking for original colour schemes and products that were applied and were ,Olive drab green paint,parkerising,cadmium plating and black paint glossy and matte

Originally posted by gillesleor@icloud.com View Post
    I may have found what I needed ,but still I am looking for original colour schemes and products that were applied and were ,Olive drab green paint,parkerising,cadmium plating and black paint glossy and matte
    Don't forget a fuel-proof "aluminum" finish for your carb bodies, Gillesleor...

(The original 'lacquer' would be doomed. Note also that some of the carb hardware was nickel.)

Parkerizing varied greatly, especially if exposed to cosmoline; It can only be an obvious fault if it all matches.

I suspect the 'black' paint was all pretty much the same, not quite glossy, nor matte!

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Carburetors are painted aluminum as what was required ,I am quite honestly looking at Parkerising all the parts necassary as what was done on my XA and WLC ,in my opinion this this was a process that was given to manufacturers by the U.S.Army as mandatory for all of their vehicles

Comment

Working...
      X