Greetings from Virginia & Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Virginia & Florida

Hi Folks - I am a new member from both Vienna Virginia and Bradenton Florida (travel back/forth monthly with motorcycles in both locales) and I wanted introduce myself. I go by the username cdickens. I have been riding for 40+ years and recently took an interest in vintage motorcycles. Over the past two years I have acquired a 1947 Harley Davidson FL, Harley Davidson FL, 1962 Harley Davidson Topper Scooter, and a 1966 Harley Davidson XLCH Sportster. I ride them all and while the '47 and 55' may not be all original, my goal is always to have reliability to the extent you can on vintage motorcycles. My mechanical background is very limited and I rely on experts to help me. It is great to be here and I know I will have questions along the way where I could use your help. Thanks!

Welcome Cdickens! (...as in Charles Dickens?) If you get a chance we'd love to see a few pictures of your motorcycles, sort of a Tale of Two Cities or Great Expectations !
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome! I also have a bike in Sarasota, a 98 Harley Dyna Convertible, and I spend a month or so there every winter. Have you met Willie Hershberger yet? He'll be a great help with your old bikes.
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Nice collection of motorcycles you’ve got.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

Welcome Cdickens!!!
          Yes would love to see some pictures of your bikes.
          If you have not already done so suggest you visit the AMCA Home Page and under Chapters find a local club in Virginia or Florida or both!

Comment

As others have said, welcome! I live in Fairfax VA and am in the Highlands chapter and invite you to join us. I have numerous bikes as well as do most of our members. Mine are mostly Knuckles and Pans with my newest being a 68 FLH. You can go to our website at highlandschapter.com to see us and what we do.
            Wish I also had a place in FLA but have friends and relatives there, so I have places to visit. Still have my first adult bike which is a 46 Knuckle bobber so like many not everything has to be original or stock for me.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA #12766

Comment

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to AMCA forum. I go by Chuck and since there are pisten-bully has some "great expectations" out there, I can verify that I may be related but never searched it. Named after my grandfather.

Thanks for the tip on a shop in Sarasota joe fxs fxr! I have never met Willie Hershberger. Phil Hines and Lee Donaldson own Genuine Quality V-Twin and do all the work on my old bikes in Florida.

Thanks PaulCDF for the recommendation on chapters for Florida and Virginia. I see Rollo from Fairfax has already pointed me in the right direction for Virginia - thank-you! Oldest bike I have in that area is the 1999 Heritage - looks like a '65.

Attached are a few pics of some of the collection.

FB_IMG_1514834893560.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X