New Member in Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Alabama

New member currently in Huntsville Alabama. I'll just sit in the back an be quiet. There are so many talented restorers here, I hope to learn some things. I'd classify my self a a apprentice parts replacer. The whole - start from a pile of parts and build a motorcycle out of it - seems like some sort of sorcery to me. I've been a rider all my life, predominately on BMWs. I once had a R60/2 and hope to have another one some day. Currently have a R1250GS, T120 Bonneville, Vespa LXV and a recently acquired and unrestored 1973 R75/5. I'm hoping to retire in the Spring and maybe dive into a restoration of something interesting then.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

B Walker WELCOME
    Nice Airhead BMW great bikes, wish I had kept mine.
    Here is a shameless plug for your local chapter:

#62b Smoky Mountain Chapter - Huntsville
    Huntsville, AL 35803
    Contact
    Dorsey Uptain
    Ambassador
    (256) 527-6305
    meride2@yahoo.com
    More Info
    Web Site: www.smokymountainamca.org

Comment

Greeting's Bill, welcome to the Forum.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and nice R75. I have a couple BMWs around to mess with the American stuff. Brit stuff too. My old 1980 R100RS has been here a long time. My '55 R69 was a rough basket back when that meant cheap!
        With my wife on her Honda VFR waiting for the ferry from Bar Harbor ME to Nova Scotia. DCP_0189.JPG

The 1955 R69
        DCP_2727.JPG
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi B Walker. I live in Huntsville, and I am the local Smoky Mountain Chapter Ambassador. Go on the Smoky Mountain Chapter site and sign up. We have an almost every month chapter breakfast and two of members are very knowledgeable BMW people. We do rides, trips, and tech days. Hope to meet you soon. Dorsey

Comment

Working...
          X