Hello from another Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from another Newbie!

Hello everyone, I just joined the AMCA hoping to make some new connections and no doubt see others here I already know. I have a small collection of bikes, some older Harleys and some sport bikes from the 80's and early 90's that take up a lot of my spare time wrenching on them but I enjoy it a lot! I've restored some bikes over the years and and I'm in the middle of a few at the moment which I'll start some threads on at some point hoping for input on so the small details are correct. I hope to enter a bike in a judged event sometime despite me telling myself I should avoid getting caught up in that but I think it would be fun and I'll make some new friends.

I live in Ontario Canada (so the bike events are always a road trip), 53 years old, married, 2 dogs and 4 kids that all like cars and motorcycles Im happy to say. Im a car mechanic and heavy truck mechanic by trade but run my own car restoration shop that restores cars often for judged events. The bikes are my hobby and distraction from work whether I'm working on one or riding one, its very therapeutic as cliche as that may sound.

Paul, welcome to the AMCA. I’m sure everyone here will enjoy your threads as much as we do on the other forum.
    Eric

Comment

Paul
      Welcome! Any pictures of your bikes?
      Ontario covers a lot of territory any chance you will make it to Waddington?

Comment

Welcome, Paul. You're like a people doctor that does veterinarian work for fun I think that's great and I can see where motorcycles would be an enjoyable hobby for you. We all love pictures, and look forward to reading about your projects.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
          Paul
          Welcome! Any pictures of your bikes?
          Ontario covers a lot of territory any chance you will make it to Waddington?
          Where is it and do you have a link? I'll be honest I have never gone to a Motorcycle event other than the odd local bike night thats mostly sport bikes and a small group of modern cruisers.

Comment

Here's a couple that I restored a few years ago but I ended up selling both because a 48 EL basket case fell on my lap and I wanted to focus on older iron. I do wish I still had them but realistically space becomes an issue and riding them all is another challenge.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I ended up with 3 basket cases that came one at a time about 8 months to a year apart. A 48 EL, 46 EL and 41UH. Im in the middle of restoring them and they're at different stages, the 48 being pretty much ready to fire up for the first time. I'll start a separate thread for those but here they are as I found them. All came with almost everything to complete them.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hello Jerry, Nice work on the restorations and great project bikes now on the table. No regional or National meets or National Road Runs yet? Oh boy do you have some fun to look forward too. It's all under events on the main page it in the glossy magazine soon to appear in your mailbox. Welcome aboard Newman. Have you seen Elaine dance? RichO
                DrSprocket

Comment

Where is it

Waddington National Meet

When:
                  Friday, June 2, 2023 to Sunday, June 4, 2023
                  Where:
                  Waddington Village Park
                  Pine Street
                  Waddington, NY 13694
                  (On the River)

Paul If you go to the AMCA home page you can find more information under EVENTS
                  FYI
                  If you want register (User Name and Password) for the AMCA home page.
                  The Home page is separate and distinct from the FORUM
                  (Some lazy types use the same User Name and Password for BOTH the Forum and the Home Page but one needs to create user name and password for EACH site
                  they do not automatically "populate" between sites.
                  The upside of having access to the Home Page is from there you can access the Archives of Past AMCA magazine, The Library, Merchandise ect. Worth a look IMO or
                  I would not have droned on.

NICE BIKES
                  Again Welcome

Comment

Welcome! For all the great restorations you have done, I am surprised you just joined the AMCA. Maybe it's not so well known up there, EH?
                    AMCA #41287
                    1971 Sprint SS350 project
                    1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                    1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                    1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                    96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                    2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                    plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Greeting's Paul. Oh, by the way, i will never ask You for your autograph either.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
                        Welcome! For all the great restorations you have done, I am surprised you just joined the AMCA. Maybe it's not so well known up there, EH?
                        Thanks Joe. I was trying to avoid going down the judging rabbit hole potentially making the hobby less fun for me but with the 48 almost finished Im reconsidering.

Comment

A warm welcome to the forum Paul! After reading your intro and bio, Lordy, not sure where you find the time to work on old bikes! Sounds like you are a seasoned veteran in the hobby. Beautiful work on those bikes.
                          Jason Zerbini
                          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X