Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

I've been a member of the Yankee Chapter for a few years just never got here before, I love old motorcycles especially Harley's as that is what I grew old with. I have a 1953FL, a 1971 FLH and a 1981FXS and enjoy riding with antiques, as our club motto is, 'Ride them, don't hide them'

Hi Ralph, welcome to another forum
    AMCA #41287
    1971 Sprint SS350 project
    1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
    1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
    1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
    96" Evo Softail self built chopper
    2012 103" Road King "per diem"
    plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome!
      Any pictures of the bikes to share?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
        Welcome!
        Any pictures of the bikes to share?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I 'm really fond of the '81 FXS as I have an '81 FXB. Very similar. Maybe you can make the Deerfield Road Road this year.
            DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
              I 'm really fond of the '81 FXS as I have an '81 FXB. Very similar. Maybe you can make the Deerfield Road Road this year.
              I will be there. Already reserved my space with the club and as I only live just over 100 miles away not sure which bike I am riding!

Comment

this is what she looked like when I bought her, already got rid of all the ride to live and gold crap and will put oem tanks and fenders on her soon

Comment

Looking GOOOD! Thanks

Comment

Hey Ralph! Nice!

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Nothing like 4.5 inch pull backs and flat bars for the Dennis Hopper Easy Rider slouch, thanks to a member here providing NOS compensator sprocket pucks and front primary belt this FXB will be tooling around Daytona in a couple of weeks.

Cheerio,
                      Peter
                      1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Ah, Peter that's a beauty! Did you coat your new pucks with poly lube from the little plastic tube as per the instructions? I picked up an NOS tube a few years back at the old Rhinebeck meet. I don't know if it helps. I also found an NOS rear emergency belt kit. Sort of cool. The other day I found a copy of Chopper magazine that talks about Willie G. riding to Sturgis on the prototype before they went into production. He and the bike were undercover so to speak. Just ready peoples reactions to the machine. That's when he named the model. Ah, history!
                        DrSprocket

Comment

Howdy sir,

I did not and in hindsight, if for no other reason, beyond ease of installation, anything liquid would have been welcome. These things are a very tight fit. For those unfamiliar with this drivetrain it can be viewed at my site below. Unlike the 77 XLCR which was primarily an aesthetic exercise this was (turned out to be) an expensive experiment to reduce drivetrain vibration. It worked(s) beautifully, the best riding solid mount 4 speed FX ever. Only the belt final drive out of the 3 mods survived for later machines.

https://petergz.smugmug.com/Motorcyc...rgis/i-vTKzGNv
                          Cheerio,
                          Peter
                          1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
                          X