Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Nevada

Greetings

I've been a member of AMCA for decades but I am new to this Forum. My interest are vintage iron, pre war cars and bikes. I am particularly interested in unique engines and I am blessed to have a Henderson KJ and a 38 Four. I have also come across some unusual engines. One is a UL with mystery heads that I have been told were pre-war OHV prototypes. I've attached a couple photos. If anyone recognizes these heads, please let me know.

Thanks
    Jim
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome to the Forum Jim!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Google Harley Davidson Koslow for a bit of info on your top end.
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Welcome Jim!!!!

Comment

Howdee Jim, Happy New Year.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Hi Robbie.
            Thanks for the link to Koslow. Those heads look very similar. The two bikes that showed up on line have rocker supports that look similar to Harley DAH rocker supports. It so happens that I am the temporary custodian for a DAH top end that belonged to a factory hillclimber from the 30's named Windy Lindstrom. His son Gary and I found them under a workbench at Windy's home, well after Windy passed. Windy was a fabricator and modified the intake to accomedate a barrel valve Linkert. Alcohol? Currently these heads are mounted on a WL lower end. Windy's grandsons Ron and Ken hope to use them in a project real soon.
            Happy New Year
            Jim
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Welcome Jim! Some very rare and interesting pieces. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X