Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from new member in SF bay area

Hi All,
    From Los Gatos CA. I am new to the forums and relatively new to AMCA. I have been riding modern bikes for years but have always had an interest in older motorcycles. I have recently acquired a 1946 Indian Chief that has not been on the road in 16 years and needs a thorough going through. Hopefully, one day, it can be a reliable daily rider.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome to the club! Looks like you bought a nice bike. The best thing about sidevalves is that they will run on about any gas and are easy to start. Here in the St. Louis area, we park our machines for a few winter months. About 40 years ago, I pulled my '41 H-D 80" sidevalve out of the garage for the spring season. It wouldn't start. It always starts. It had to be a major problem. I pulled the heads and everything looks good. Checked valve adjustment and they are perfect. It turned out that after 10 years of riding. I needed points, condenser, and plugs. It fired right up. You'll love it.
    Craig

Comment

Sharp looking Chief, Clean Cut! I like what 41Craig said and hope you get yours running without a lot of hassle!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Two AMCA chapters near you. Yerba Buena in SF and Fort Sutter in Sacramento which hosts the Dixon AMCA National meet every June. Welcome aboard!
        DrSprocket

Comment

Clean Cut Welcome!!!!

Comment

Howdee CC. Welcome to the AMCA. Nice Injun'.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I have a ‘46 Chief and enjoy it very much. I’m sure you’ll have yours on the road in short order.

Jim

Comment

Welcome! Great looking bike! There is a lot if good Indian knowledge here, but I'm not one of them lol.
                AMCA #41287
                1971 Sprint SS350 project
                1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Greetings, Thank you for the welcome messages.
                  Looking forward to getting this bike on the road.

41Craig,
                  Thanks for your note, I am hopeful it works out that well with mine!
                  Chris

Comment

My 48 Chief was as reliable as they come. I hesitate to say it was the most reliable bike I’ve owned because I’ve owned my 64FL for 40 years now with an unprecedented track record. Unfortunately I let the chief go and miss it every day. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                    X