New guy to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to the forum

Hi all, I’ve been a member of AMCA and finally decided to join the forum. I’m currently working on a 1965 flh and a 1962 xlch and figured I have some questions as I slowly put these bikes back to original

Welcome DMAC, how about a few pictures of your projects?
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

DMAC
      Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome, and yes, pictures
        AMCA #41287
        1971 Sprint SS350 project
        1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
        1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
        1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
        96" Evo Softail self built chopper
        2012 103" Road King "per diem"
        plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I recently acquired a ‘65 FLH. Folks have been very helpful here. Hope you enjoy your projects.

Jim

Comment

Welcome

62ch is fun bike. Shout with any questions.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
              Hey Rubone, you and a few other guys helped me out with a few things on the panhead sight back when I bought the 65. It’s since been totally taken apart, frame straightened and painted. Engine is out having a complete rebuild while I start putting things back together. My intentions are to put all of the original chrome, hardware and paint leaving the original patina. I’ll try to include pics.

Chuck, I’m looking forward to getting my 62 up and running. I’m losing the girly paint and repainting it hi-fi blue and birch white along with new tires and a few other things. I’m looking for the correct gas tank and rear fender before I have it painted. So far I haven’t had much luck. I’ll try to include some pics.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Head on over to the old k model and sportster research group. If you aren’t registered, do so and post you want these parts. Several amca members lurke there and I know they have what you need.

Good correct rears are tough to find without damage, but rather easily repaired.

Tank is easier, if more pricey. Do you know which tank you want to run? The correct 2.2 gal is often 1/2 the cost of the correct 4.4 gal.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckthebeatertruck View Post
                  Head on over to the old k model and sportster research group. If you aren’t registered, do so and post you want these parts. Several amca members lurke there and I know they have what you need.

Good correct rears are tough to find without damage, but rather easily repaired.

Tank is easier, if more pricey. Do you know which tank you want to run? The correct 2.2 gal is often 1/2 the cost of the correct 4.4 gal.
                  Hey Chuck, I recently joined there and a guy by the name of Murph has been extremely helpful already. They're technical section is well laid out and very informative. I plan on running the peanut tank on mine and will try the WTB section over there. I've tried a couple of facebook sites but no luck so far. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

You may want to consider joining the Perkiomen Chapter of the AMCA. Lots of members from the Reading and surrounding area. A good club with an active membership.
                    Jim D

Comment

Murph is over here too and can help you with many questions related to restoration to amca standards.

most Facebook sporty sites are rubbish. I moderated two of them with some 7000 combined members. About 10 knew what they were talking about and the rest were too concerned with lifestyle. At least on the k model site is clean, as it is here.

jerry Jackson runs a good Facebook page dedicated to restoration and riding.

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice fellas…I’ll definitely look into joining the Perkiomen Chapter and check out Jerry Jackson’s site on FB. Should’ve figured Murph was on here too. He’s a stand up guy and an asset to any forum

Comment

Working...
                        X