Newbie in N.E. Pa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in N.E. Pa.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
    Been around motorcycles for a lot of years and seen most of the USA on a Harley.
    Recently scored a 1974 FXE basket case and have it up and running for the most part. For some reason I really enjoy working on it. Maybe it’s the simplicity or the nostalgia. But whatever the reason I’m excited to own a piece of Harley history.

Congrats on your bike being up and running. Welcome to the forum. Post some pictures if you would.

Jim

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA. Harley-Davidson history is American history and people all over the world love that part of U.S. history I think messing around with mechanical things is one of the most therapeutic pastimes a sane person can enjoy, Problems can also drive you crazy but the journey of resolution can give you a sense of accomplishment that can make you a happy person in life. Most important; have fun with old motorcycles.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome, and yes it's a rewarding hobby. Would also like to see pictures
        AMCA #41287
        1971 Sprint SS350 project
        1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
        1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
        1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
        96" Evo Softail self built chopper
        2012 103" Road King "per diem"
        plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome! Love those shovelheads!! Has to be a good story about how you found it. Pictures Please!

Comment

Welcome Kerry. I had a 1975 FXE, many m()()ns ago, it was One Great running AMF. Good Luck & Fun with yours.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Welcome Aboard ! And Congratulations on getting it running already. I can relate to the satisfaction of working on Old Harleys ,and the feeling of accomplishment you get when projects large and small when are completed . Then the getting to take it out and enjoy riding it is a Bonus .If you haven’t put it on the Road yet check out Hagerty Ins. as they will cover it for what you value it for and it will be very reasonable . I have no connection to them but have been using them for years and currently have my Pan , and two antique cars W/Full coverage, cheap .

Comment

Here’s a few pics of my shovel
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Good looking bike! Hard to believe it's nearly 50 years old already
                  AMCA #41287
                  1971 Sprint SS350 project
                  1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                  1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                  1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                  96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                  2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                  plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

That’s one Great looking Shovel ! I like the fact that you kept it mostly Stock and went with the Correct and Original Gas Tank and decals . That is something you don’t see many of these days . Nice Job . , Bruce

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey. Nice shovel.

Comment

Working...
                        X