New Member in Charleston, Sc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Charleston, Sc

Hey y'all. Nicholas here in Charleston, SC. I'm 36 years old. I got into bikes when I was about 24 when I saw an old 70s Honda. My first bike was a 72 cb350. I was lucky enough to meet a gentleman in my neighborhood who helped me get it running and continued to teach me a lot about motorcycles and mechanics in general. I was big into buying up old hondas and getting them back on the road, and doing the cafe racer thing and selling them. Then I got into Harleys and did the chopper thing for the last few years. I've had a bunch of evo sportster, iron heads 60s and 70s, evo big twins. My first shovel was a '75 FLH and I chopped it up. Also had a '80 shovel but didn't hang onto it.

Now, a husband, father, a little more mature in my taste and appreciation for stock, I'm really interested in finding myself a classic FL that I can ride, enjoy, maintain and repair as needed, and hopefully hang onto for a long time and pass down. Looking for late pan or early generator shovel, or even early cone shovel (closer to my budget) with all the cool doodads like white bags, buddy or pogo seat etc.

Looking forward to meeting some folks on here and hopefully attending a swap/event and finding a bike this year.

Hi Nicholas, my first big twin was a ‘75 FLH. You’ve got quite a background on a wide verity of bikes. I love the dressers, have since I was a kid. Welcome to the AMCA, and the forum. Keep us updated on your search.

Comment

Welcome from Smitty in Ct. There's a nice looking cone shovel that just appeared in the "For Sale" "Harley Davidson" section of the forums. I have no connection with this bike but it looks nice and at a reasonable price also. Might wanna have a look. Hope this helps......Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
        Welcome from Smitty in Ct. There's a nice looking cone shovel that just appeared in the "For Sale" "Harley Davidson" section of the forums. I have no connection with this bike but it looks nice and at a reasonable price also. Might wanna have a look. Hope this helps......Smitty
        Thanks. I did see that one but looks like it was posted in January of 2021!
        I'll be keeping my eyes peeled and I'm definitely open to any leads.

Comment

Glad your onboard you won't regret it and their out there (bikes). Road runs and swap meets fun, fun, fun.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Welcome Nicholas!!!!

Comment

Greeting's Nicholas~welcome.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Welcome! Good luck in your search
                AMCA #41287
                1971 Sprint SS350 project
                1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                1979 FXS 1200 never done playing