Ireland Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland Calling

Hi.I'm a new member from Ireland. I am just in the final steps of rebuilding a 1975 Electraglide. The full build was documented on Hdforums so some of you probably saw it already. Its not a 100% restoration but I used NOS or used parts where possible and kept it reasonably correct. Its increasingly difficult to buy spares in Ireland so finding some stuff was challenging. It was very rewarding though and Im happy with the results so far. I look forward to future projects, most likely non-Harley next time with a Honda CD175 looking likely.
    Any other Irish members?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Beautiful transition, welcome to the forum.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Welcome! Beautiful Bike. You do nice work. Alas I am Irish only by marriage.

Comment

Welcome and nice job on the bike. Especially nice with the limited amount of real parts over there on the "Green Isle".
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Welcome and nice bike.
          A pic of bike in the Irish countryside would be great.
          Al my great grandparents came to the USA from Cork.
          Tom

Comment

I was in Ireland a few years ago on a one month drive and loved it. My fave is the west coast in the Galway area. Like Galway for the fact that you have big city ammenities but not big city feel. Keep think about moving and constantly check properties for sale. I have a number of antique bikes and riding there would be perfect. Only issue is shipping all of them over there. Nice bike amd have fun with it.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA #12766

Comment

Great job! I had an all original’75 FLH with only 18,000 miles years back. You have made me miss it after seeing yours. Welcome to the forum.

Jim

Comment

Wow! What a difference! Enjoy
                AMCA #41287
                1971 Sprint SS350 project
                1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I followed your build on the Other forum.

My maternal grandparents are from County Cavan, we took my mother there in 2005 for a great family reunion. Got to drive around a lot, no riding, would have liked to though. I have a shirt from Dublin HD somewhere.

And again, the bike came out great.

Comment

Beautiful Glide~nice work kdoyle. Welcome.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Thanks for the nice words. I'm in Waterford in the South East. Its not riding weather yet so I'm getting itchy feet.
                      There's a surprisingly large classic bike scene here. 3 of my buddies have black striper 75s so i joke that my 94 Road King is the rarest bike i own!
                      Anyone thinking of coming here hit me up! I know where the best whiskey is!

Comment

Welcome, I have friends from Cork. I have always wanted to go visit them.

Comment

Working...
                        X