New Guy/Returning Guy Hello Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy/Returning Guy Hello Introduction

Hey Wes White here, I just rejoined the AMCA after a while of not being a member. Looking forward to it again, especially the magazine. I am mostly knowledgeable about Triumphs and racing Triumphs. In 17 years of business at my own business, Four Aces Cycle, I worked on a whole lotta Triumphs and other British makes. I own several Triumphs including my Bonneville And El Mirage Dry Lakes racer that burns nitro-methane when it is not scattering parts across the Salt. I also have a "special" Royal Indian-Field" a Sport Scout powered machine with a Royal Enfield Chassis, Triumph gas tank, and rear wheel.. It was raced by Cecilia Adams in the 40s/50s and made the cover of a 1953 Cycle Magazine. Many of you have seen the bike and woman on line in the now famous Life Magazine pics by Loomis Dean. It needs an article in the magazine and a whole lot more people to take a look at it. I am fortunate enuf to be its current caretaker. Get at me!! I am also helping unload a bunch of old motorcycle parts from an estate that included many early spares (Splitdorff, Herz, Vard, Ruthhardt) so hopefully I will have some luck in the Classifieds.

wes

Welcome Back!!!!
    If/when able please post some pictures of your bikes.

Comment

FF97137A-EDD7-4311-8317-7D41FE7DA0DE.jpeg

Comment

58B2CC75-8D21-4BD1-9DF0-A82E7597077E.jpeg
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back!
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

WOW Thanks. Really liked Cecilia Adams Royal-Indian-Enfield Sport Scout that is special.
            Old Steely Dan lyrics "You crossed a diamond with a pearl". Thanks.

Comment

Thanks! I think it is pretty darned cool myself. I bought it from the family of a good friend after he passed away so it has even more meaning to me. Mike and I took it to a local vintage drag strip years ago and raced it so when the chance to buy it after he was gone came up, I jumped at it. I have a scrap book of photos of it and a copy of the old magazine it was in. Maybe I can talk the AMCA into doing an article on it for the magazine.

Comment

Working...
              X