Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey friends my name is Dave 'Doc' Marvo from Shorewood, IL. I'm 55 and been in love with old bikes most of my life. I just recently joined AMCA after riding the Cross Country Chase this past summer and meeting a lot of great people who have the same passion for old motorcycles as I do. I've been a tech and service manager for H-D for 30+ years. My current bikes include a '47 WL. '60 FLH and '84 FXSB. My wife rides her own bike as well and we really enjoy traveling side by side. Hoping to meet some new friends here and to share and learn from more experienced folks on keeping these old classics going.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Welcome Dave!!! Nice bikes!

Comment

Welcome, Dave!

Is that a Hungarian squash behind the 45"?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Welcome Dave! Thanks for the pictures, nice collection!

(Cotten, that's a 1360# sidestand you're looking at! )
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome, nice bikes too.
          AMCA #41287
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice bikes. What brand of heads are on your 60?
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Welcome Dave, I see you're at Conrads HD, I worked parts at Fox River, formerly Zylstra, formerly Fischers for 14 years until I retired last year.
              Bruce Keith
              AMCA #1467

Comment

Howdy & Welcome.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

"Cotton: The gourd was indeed 1360# we dropped it from 100' crane at our church last weekend into a 5' kiddie pool. The kid's...and adults LOVE it!

"Bob: the heads on my Pan are STD, external oil lines like a shovel. The bike once belonged to my best friend of 27 years who passed away from Alzheimers in 2019. I'm probably NOT going to restore it to stock for one it runs incredible and dependable. Secondly, I'm trying to maintain it just way my buddy had it. It's an everyday ride for me. My wife has dubbed her the "Mistress" go figure?

"Bruce: You are correct! Been at Conrad's going on 14yrs now. Darren and Patrick are great owners to work for!

Comment

Welcome, Dave!

I'm on the "other" end of I80 in the south suburbs.

Theres a contingent of sportster and k model folks in the Plainfield and shorewood area. Several are active right now in revitalizing the Prairie chapter.

And, if you are inclined to travel north, the Badger Chapter is a fantastic group to join. There are more than two hundred Badgers and they seem to all live to ride. For example, the chapter hosted its third annual Pokey run for small displacement bikes. We had more than fifty riders led by a member on his 1915 Harley 11c. It was terrific fun. You don't have to live in Wisconsin to join the Badgers.

Comment

Hey thank you so much! I’m close to Plainfield for sure, but totally open for finding a cheaper to join. Would be interested in either chapter, thank you for the invite Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                      X