New Member from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Georgia

Hello fellow enthusiasts! So how did I wind up here? Well about 52 years ago I took my first motorcycle ride on the back of my dad's '57 Sportster. Fast forward to about 2018 when the opportunity presented itself to buy a rough, but fairly complete, project. The bike is currently being restored and hopefully done by May for Denton. Like most I've been into anything with wheels since I can remember from unicycles to trucks. I have a couple newer bikes--'96 Bad Boy, Anniversary '08 Road King Classic, and just made a deal on a '71 Super Glide.

I also have cars ('72 SS 454 El Camino, '56 T Bird, '87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe, etc...) and am a serious classic bicycle collector. I focus on the prewar deluxe balloon tire bikes but have a special place for the early motorcycle related bikes to include my '18 Harley Davidson Motorcyke, '20 Flying Merkel, and '24 Indian. The thought was by offering bicycles alongside the motorcycles they could build brand loyalty so when junior was ready to graduate from bicycle to motorcycle he would stick with the same brand.

I'm currently serving as a Department of Defense advisor to the Afghan government in Kabul, Afghanistan. I'm really looking forward to getting home so I can get up on two again and enjoy the open road. Enjoy the ride! V/r Shawn

Wellcome, thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!
      Craig (Delaware)
      Delaware Bay Chapter
      Perkiomen Chapter
      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Welcome to the site. That's a nice list of rides you have! I had a '72 El Camino, but always wanted, and still do, a SS 454 model.

Post some pics of your bikes when you're back stateside.

Thanks for your service, and take care!

Comment

My wife and I spend most of Summer in Blairsville, Georgia. I haven't explored the motorcycle scene there but will have my '48FL there this Summer. Sounds like you have an incurable addiction to wheeled vehicles, and I'm a bicycle enthusiast as well. Would enjoy meeting you if you're in that part of the Peach State.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Thank you for your service and I hope you get home safe.

Comment

Working...
            X