Hello from the Sunshine Coast, BC Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Sunshine Coast, BC Canada

Hi everyone, I have a small bike shop in Sechelt, BC and a customer / friend of mine got me on to AMCA last year as I work on a number of his vintage bikes (46 Knuck, 48 Pan, 59 and 65 Pan, 66 shovel, etc). I bought my first bike when I was 19, which was a 68 sporty and the fever just grew from there. I'm fortunate to do what I love for a living and finally got a hold of my first "old" bike a couple of years ago (1940 WLD) and just love everything about these old machines. I look forward to working my way around this forum and hope to get down to some of the swap meets hosted throughout the year.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Attached Files

Welcome Jason,
    Glad your customer got you here. And nice 45. Now to find the elusive WLD big fin cylinders....
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Welcome, nice to have someone from the sunshine ? coast.
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

My first time on and I've learnt something already, thanks Robbie, I had no idea they had different cylinders. I just contacted a friend who recently purchased a box of cylinders from a swap meet but they all turned out to be 120-36's. I'm slowing picking away at it and just starting to rebuild the M41 carb.

Comment

They are quite rare Jason, only late '39 WLDD -'42 WLD models had them (and those are very thin on the ground due to the war years and none cataloged after '42) They show in the catalogs to '46 but the WLD no longer existed after the war.
          They look like this, The bases are notched like the WLDR and WR cylinders, but the valves are straight and not angled like the full on race cylinders. The intakes are the mid size (same as U series) with big ports.

I have a Niece in the Campbell River area of the island. Hope to get up there for a visit soon.

I have a 42WLD, along with a '41WLDR, a WR, and a couple WLs.

Last edited by Rubone; 12-04-2019, 06:51 PM.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That's great, thanks very much for the info and pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
              I'm fortunate to do what I love for a living and finally got a hold of my first "old" bike a couple of years ago (1940 WLD) and just love everything about these old machines.
              Glad you joined AMCA and the forum Jason. Really great to hear your passion for old iron on two wheels.

Mike Love

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                X