Hello from Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Northern Illinois

Greetings all. I've been an AMCA member for 3 or 4 years. I have owned shovelheads for over 40 years and this last summer, I had the pleasure of riding a 48 Indian Chief, that belongs to a friend, in the Cross Country Chase. I am now the proud owner of a 46 Chief. Something about those Chiefs just gets to ya, I guess. So after all these years on Harleys, it's time for this old dog to learn something new.
    Now, how do I post photos

Welcome aboard Fred. I was forced to join (ha-ha) many years ago at the Fort Mott meet here in NJ, in order to vend. There are many good people here and lots of good advice. If it is left hand throttle that takes a little time to get used to. I always thought the clutch to be much easier than on a Harley because it is more like those found on a car. I know you will enjoy your Chief as well as the club.

Lyle #1683

Comment

Welcome Fred! Yeah those vintage Indians can be seductive and fun to boot. Welcome!
      AMCA # 3233

Comment

Welcome from Chicago.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Lake Zurich!

Comment

Sammy Pierce would say something like... one more Indian on the road means one fewer Harley out there. Now that you're here on the reservation, it's more fun on this side, (ha,ha). Welcome.
            ... just be prepared to learn a new language.

C2K

Comment

Welcome Fred! Here's a link to a discussion about posting photos:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...-image-posting
              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

2019_0906_20470070.jpg

This is the Chief I rode in the chase
                It was an endurance run from Sault Ste Marie Michigan to Key West Florida for bikes made between 1930 and 1948
                Last edited by PanheadFred1; 12-04-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanheadFred1 View Post
                  I am now the proud owner of a 46 Chief. Something about those Chiefs just gets to ya, I guess. So after all these years on Harleys, it's time for this old dog to learn something new.

Now, how do I post photos
                  Or find a way keep them all haha. Thanks to PistonBully for getting you going with photo posting. Good luck with the 46 Chief.

Mike Love

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                    X