Hello from South Central PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from South Central PA

Last February I purchased a 1983 Shovelhead FLH. Just qualifies for antique plates. The bike had a custom paint job but overall a solid runner with strong compression. My intention for the bike is to get it capable of long distance HWY use. I know it may be a bit of a sacrilege here but I am less concerned about period restoration and more about function. I also have wanted a red bike with white fiberglass fairing, bags and trunk.
    I hope I can find a home here among the purists.

Walter

Welcome Walter! Good to have you onboard!
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Welcome to the club & forum. Not everyone is a purist but all are enthusiasts as yourself. Fit, form and function to your liking. Not everyone here has a bike that is all correct, they just keep them under the 'sheets'. Please post questions and results concerning long distance traveling as I am also interested in using my '69 FL in the same manner. I have done several road trips but as my age advances I am looking forward to more road trips. There is a lot to think about as far as windscreens, tour packs, luggage racks and saddlebags, spare parts, necessary tools, (all the required weight of those), modern electronic device hook ups, enough generator or alternator supply), proper rain gear, etc. This could be an interesting topic for you to open a new thread on. Pictures are always welcome on you current bike and how you get it prepared for LD travel. Please post, best of luck. I grew up close to York, PA, where are you in south central PA?
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Hey, Welcome there Walter ! I'm a recently new member to the forum as well. I reside just below Central Pa in a town named Dysart and belong to the Allegheny Mtn. Chapter of AMCA based near Latrobe, PA. We'd sure like to have you as a member if you'd like to join us ? Our annual Fall mtg. is Sat Nov. 9th, private message me if you'd like more details. Tim

Comment

Hello Walter, Welcome to the hobby

And Welcome Twister. I have been to Prince Gallitzin State park, in your area. A very nice part of PA

intimeold

Comment

I'd have to agree there bjind ! I only live a few miles from the park. It's one of Pennsylvania's best kept secrets and the DCNR hasn't screwed anything up over there yet ! What part of the country are you from and where & what do you ride? Tim

Comment

Welcome to the club. Enjoy your bike any way YOU decide to do it. Don't let anyone tell you people with correct bikes don't ride them. My friends and I do, all the time even tho we are in the land of apple pickers, pumpkin pickers and leaf lookers 50 miles from NYC.
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                Welcome to the club & forum. Not everyone is a purist but all are enthusiasts as yourself. Fit, form and function to your liking. Not everyone here has a bike that is all correct, they just keep them under the 'sheets'.
                Great comments to Walter's post Bob.

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                  X