Hello from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Georgia

Hi, I’m located just outside Augusta, GA. I just joined the AMCA and the forum. I’m looking for help and info getting a ‘66 H-D Electra Glide back on the road. I’m wanting to get it road worthy. I’ve had the bike for several years and am now ready to tackle the job. Sourcing parts and deciding on what to repair or replace has been the main holdback for me. The bike was running when it was set up but that was around 1995. Mostly need help with sourcing parts and locating shops who are dependable.F3344F82-C9AC-4D4C-BF8F-1CD4AACBEA1B.jpg

Welcome to the AMCA, MooHawk (great handle). Everyone loves those early Shovelheads, and there are many knowledgeable people here who can give excellent advice, and recommendations. I had a '69 which I rode to Atlanta, from Orlando a few times and never had a problem with it. Just from the picture, it looks complete, but I assume the rag is to keep junk out of the intake during storage. You'll probably want to do some prophylactic motor prep before trying to start it, and again, there are experts here on waking up a sleeping motor. Thanks for the picture.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is complete. There are a few bits and bobs I had removed before that picture but it’s all there. That’s not a rag, it’s a plastic bag over the carb. I had taken the bike out for its first bath in about 20 years.

Gary S

Well it is missing the faring with the am/8 track tape deck. My step dad took it off and threw it away. He said it had a crack in it. I was really PO’d when I found out.
      Last edited by MooHawk; 08-10-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
        X