73 FLH Buddy Seat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 FLH Buddy Seat info

Dear members, this is my first question as a new member to your Forum. (Yes, some of you are getting a virgin ! . . . ha ha). I recently purchased a 73 FLH with the 2-up Buddy Seat. I think I would like to install the "Comfort Flex Seat" off the 77's & up. Does anyone have any experience, knowledge or suggestions ? Will this fit my 73 FLH ??? (without major modification). I realize that I'll have to remove the Seat T-Bar, use the Pogo and drill 2 holes in the rear fender to accommodate the the Fender Reinforcement Plate to support the Seat Suspension System. Thanks in advance for any and all help ! Tim (Twister the fitter)

Comfort flex will fit fine. It is an easy swap. Here is an old picture of my '65 hybrid with a comfort flex in '78.
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

SWEEEET ! Thanks Robbie ! Am I correct with what all I stated (drilling the fender, etc.) that needs to be done to make that seat work on my bike ? I am just guessing, only after looking at what's all involved in those "Comfort Flex" set-ups. Did you find that the new set-up provided a LOWER riding position than the 2-up Buddy Seat ? This is the whole intention of my venture, a lower ride for me and the Mrs. Tim

Comment

Lower riding position, more length so not just smashed together, and more comfortable than a buddy seat. You will need to reposition the rear rack to fit. These are the mounting instructions.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

HOLY COW Robbie, are you serious man ??? I can't Thank You enough ! My very FIRST post and already complete pictures and instructions answering my very FIRST question on the Forum. "YOU'RE the BEST" my friend !!! Tim in PA

Comment

If you are trying to source the Comfort Flex mechanism, be aware there is an early and later version. The early one is as shown by Robbie, attaching to your existing pogo. The later version does not have that attachment. If looking on the Bay, easy to see the tab in the front for the pogo attachment. Make sure you get the right one. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Architect, good point ! Glad you pointed that out for me, I probably would have missed that. I am looking at Ebay right now. I really don't care for the Flex Seat look, but need to lower my position and still have room for the Mrs. I think I'm gonna run a SOLO just when I'm riding. Tim

Comment

Tim, I have an early Comfort-Flex, white complete with handrail. Please call me if you are interested. Dave 954-802-4307

Comment

"Will-do" Dave for sure, Thanks ! White is PERFECT for me, as everything on it is white. Tim

Comment

Working...
                  X