Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Mölndal, Sweden

Hi,
    I have just joined AMCA now and am very happy to be part of this big family of those who loves antique motorcycles! My name is Ed and I own a Harley Davidson WL 1945. I must say I am proud of this motorcycle even thou that since I bought it four years ago, I was spending much time in fixing and adjusting it...and there still things to do... :-) life is a great school!
    Count on me and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2019! Greetings from Sweden! Ed
    Last edited by epazikas; 12-28-2018, 07:26 AM.

Welcome aboard Ed. Winter time is the time for fixing and adjusting. It can be almost as much fun as riding. Almost. Happy New Year to you as well. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome Ed - Feel free to post a photo of your WL in this thread. It seems like the most frequent path with antiques get the core of the bike steady and then Start getting after the little things as time goes. Good luck!

Mike Love

Comment

Hello Lille, thank you very much for your warm welcome! I fully agree with you, winter time is good to work at the garage and spend some time with my motorcycle...it is exciting and pleasant! I have to learn a bit more on how things works at this forum because I have few question regarding an issue I have with the bike and perhaps this forum can help...cheers! Ed

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for your message, I am not sure how to include pictures in the forum, I did however, include in my profile. I thing the pictures are visible to our member colleagues?

Comment

Dear Ed, remember that you are now a member of the AMCA European Chapter at no charge. Send me your Email address and I'll include you on our newsletter circulation. You can find back numbers at www.amca-europe.eu. Don't forget out International Meet at Raalte NL next May 24/25th, where our theme is four cylinder bikes with a mass crank-up planned, oh yes! Come and hear that pretty music and meet like-minded enthusiasts from a dozen countries. We're trying for ten ACE machines and need all the help we can get.

Comment

Hi Steve, I am glad to hear that because I did not know. My email address is epazikas@mail.com. Please let me know when I got included. Have a nice weekend! Ed

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA. If I could offer a nugget of wisdom... go out and find a copy of "Uncle Frank's Q & A" manual. Currently out of print, but copies are floating around, at a premium price !! I've seen them as high as $75.00 !! But, its worth every penny ! Maybe the best shop book in your library ! At least, a good factory manual or Clymer manual. Try to find one specific to your year/model. Memorize it !! These manuals will become your most valuable asset, and while this forum is really the icing on the cake, there is nothing better than a few good reference books in your own shop. Good Luck, C2K

Comment

Hello! I appreciate this tip and will definitely invest on this book, thank you!
                  It seems to me that the book edition may vary from year to year but it seems like the content is the same? Would you mind please to take a look to this link here and confirm that this is the same that I need?

http://www.ironwigwam.com/store/prod...roducts_id=521

Comment

Yep ! that's the one. C2K

Comment

Dear Ed, the Harley 45 is one of the best documented bikes thanks to the military contract demands. You can download much of this free on the AMCA Virtual Library, just another benefit of this great club.

Comment

Working...
                      X