Hello from Las Vegas Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Las Vegas Nevada

image.jpgimage.jpg my name is will and I finally got my dads now mine 1961 panhead running as you can see I didn't keep it 100% original as its my daily rider in hot Las Vegas . It took me two long years to get it the way I like it .
    1961 Panhead Duo Glide FL mostly original.

I have clean title original engine, frame ,fenders , forks ,shocks ,badges , and most of the original rusted parts that wasn't safe to put back on . I upgraded to a 12v system from a 6v put a thunderheart wiring harness, box on the rear ,replica bubble bags , new rubbers meaning wheels and new fat Bob 5gal tanks . rebuilt master cylinder, front and rear breaks and fork tubes . My engine is all original with the exception of new Pistons ,valves and pushrods. I put a Harley cv carb and Russ right side electric start on it and new windshield original one was melted when the house caught on fire and burned the bike 10 years back . My dads bike sat idle in the barn in North Carolina for 32 years before I got it .last registered in 1984 . I rebuilt the original 4-speed transmission and put a new speedo on it before I knew I could get the old one restored . This meant a lot to me as my dad use to ride me and my sister on it when we were toddlers. Enjoy I know I do and thanks for reading my post .
    Last edited by wmnmy; 02-20-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgmy dads on the right back in the 70s .

Comment

Nice rider you have there. I love Duo-glides. Welcome to the club and enjoy that motorcycle.
        Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA, Will. Gorgeous bike, and well worth the effort. I have to say that I would be a bit nervous using that as a daily rider in a place like Las Vegas, with all the brain addled tourists. I have the same problem here in Florida during tourist season.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Kyle and Eric when I ride out here I get away from the city where I live I don't have to go through a lot of traffic in town I choose my battles lol and nice bikes to the both of you

Comment

Eric these people out here are nuts I have been hit by two drunk drivers totaled two Harley's that's why I put a right side electric start on it can't kick it lol .

Comment

Working...
              X