Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Maniitoba, Canada

Howdy!

I have been riding off and on for 50+ years and have had a life-long interest in antique bikes. I can't afford to get into the collector's bikes but seem to have a soft spot (in my head) for classic Honda bikes.

I bought a 1962 Honda 50, C100, last summer - it runs but needs extensive wiring work.

I bought a 1983 Honda 750 a month later, did some maintenance and repair on it over the winter, and sold it to a friend in the spring. It runs good and she is having a ball with it.

This spring I picked up a 1967 Honda Dream, C77, and have been returning it to running condition. It tried to start the first time out but I need to service the kick start and electric start 'cause they "kick out" when the bike fires and then don'[t want to engage again.

Since I seem to be into this neck-deep, I figured I might as well join the AMCA - already a member of the Canadian group and the local antique motorcycle club.

Hoping there are a few other "wench wrenches" around here!

Hey, welcome DianneB! Sounds like you've caught a little bit of the antique motorcycle bug... sorry to tell you it's can only get worse! Rescue those Honda Dreams, keep some and trade some and the next thing you know you'll be owning one that you previously couldn't afford!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Hey Dianne. Welcome to AMCA. If you are near Winter-peg, check out the Buffalo Chapter. Thanks for signing on.
      Fred.
      Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
        If you are near Winter-peg, check out the Buffalo Chapter.
        Already a member.

Comment

Wecome from the big island on the west coast. I got a buddy that's a big Honda buff. Could be a good source for parts and info, if needed.

Comment

Thanks for joining AMCA Diane. This is the right webpage to be on for all you need to know. The rest we can help at the monthly meetings (as you know). The magazine by itself is awesome.
            Ross

Comment

Thanks for the welcome fellas!

Sorry I missed the last AMCM meeting Ross - had folks up from California to buy my big steam engine - but planning to load the two Hondas in the truck and take them (in their states of disrepair) to the Show & Shine in Selkirk. Folks might as well see what these bikes look like before we make 'em all pretty.

Comment

Dianne. Try an attend our 39th Corn Roast at Choquette's in August. It's one of our best events. I have been at all 38 so I hope to make 39 Cheers Ross
                Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  Dianne. Try an attend our 39th Corn Roast at Choquette's in August. It's one of our best events. I have been at all 38 so I hope to make 39 Cheers Ross
                  Ross, did I read in the paper that Bonneville was not operating this year?
                  Sorry Dianne, but I had to ask.

Comment

Not sure Phil as I have been up to my neck in retirement restorations and travel. As you know we raced there last year with the old 48 HD and we were washed out all but two days. Dessert you say, not in 2014. Can't imagine there wasn't a 101 st year. First year since 05 our team of bandits weren't there. Still hold 4 of our 6 one AMA records though. Next stop Davenport for me. Whoops, perhaps I shouldn't have said that here. Oh well, fire me. Cheers
                    Ross

Comment

Working...
                    X