No announcement yet.

New member from South East PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks duffeycycles. I'd love to have a manual like that.. We'll see. The eBay auction is closing Saturday. I appreciate the link to it.

Comment

Hey all, Just an update here. I'm in the process of getting the 1915 Excelsior twin running. This will be a no-brainer for many of you but it's been a process of checking parts and systems... clutch adjustments, spark, oil system (needed some work) and then we got to the fuel system and discovered that when the restoration was done years back the carb was never completed. I'm in need of the float, needle and gaskets for the Shebler carb. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get these. I've heard they are still available.

Thanks

Comment

Look up Wilderness Trading .com

Comment

Excelsior Carb work

Originally posted by 55tmm View Post
          Look up Wilderness Trading .com
          Thanks 55tmm. I was also directed to them from another source. They did a great job on the carb, although they could not get one section off it with out heat damaging the plating and in the process of "muscling" it they damaged it a little. But it back on the bike. So one step closer.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some pictures in the future. You're fighting the good fight.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,

Here's a few.
              IMG_0380.jpgIMG_6855.jpgIMG_1216.jpg

And this fight be fun for some to watch. https://youtu.be/7LH7K3WPdGM

Comment

Eric that is a very cool old v twin ,just looked a the video ,did you get it running it was had to tell with all the legs in the way ,one special little bike ,cheers Rob

Comment

Not running yet but REALLY close. Since the bike was rebuilt there are a lot of little checks and adjustments. But we're done almost all of them. The goal was to get it running on it's 100th year. This will happen soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X