No announcement yet.

Hello from MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cory, are there any issues with having this frame, as in are the tanks specific or other issues?

Thanks Tom, I'm about 4 blocks from DC so definitely in the neighborhood. Checking the site now...

Comment

jumping into the fray...

Pretty good looking rat bike. Alot of members here started with something very similar. And you're jumping right in attending to the details that are important to making it safe and sane to ride. Fortunately, you still have the weather holding you back, if you were out here on the left coast, with so many sunny days, the ants in your pants to ride it may be detrimental to your health. Ive seen that happen too many times with guys that get a project and want to ride it right away. Take your time, dont take short cuts. You will be more pleased in the end. Im not even a HD guy, but as an Indian owner I still give you some props. Good Luck, you have a winner there. Welcome to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by tocino View Post
        Thanks Cory, are there any issues with having this frame, as in are the tanks specific or other issues?
        No issues that I know of Steve. There's a zillion bitsa bikes with mis-matched year parts out there. I'd make sure it starts and stops right and enjoy it....
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Steve,

I sent you a PM about getting together with us and doing some ridin' and stuff.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA # 12766

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            No issues that I know of Steve. There's a zillion bitsa bikes with mis-matched year parts out there. I'd make sure it starts and stops right and enjoy it....
            Well it starts and runs, but the stopping - well the front brake sure isn't much help!

Comment

Originally posted by tocino View Post
              Well it starts and runs, but the stopping - well the front brake sure isn't much help!
              Don't be counting a whole lot on that front brake. I've never had one that was all that stellar.... I try and make sure I've got the rear one set up nicely and if the front one will hold me on a hill then I'm happy....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Wicked bike Stephen! Enjoy it and thanks for sharing.
                Butch

Comment

Working...
                X