No announcement yet.

AMCA Yankee Region Road Run -- Stowe, Vermont weekend, June 28 - 30, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Facebook page for those who have not joined the page! There is a great discussion going on. Help Buzz Kanter decide which bike to bring!

You know that since 1973, it has only rained 8 times on June 29th in Stowe? And only one of those showers was more than 1/4" The weather history is with us:

Join us at http://www.facebook.com/groups/460226594036559/?fref=ts

Or search on 2013 Ride Through Time.

We have sent out more than 30 registration packages, have people coming from as far away as Indiana and New Jersey.... and there are 20 more packages ready for addresses and stamps! One of those could be on its way to you! Drop me a PM and I'll get it on the way.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

The requests keep coming in, as do the registration forms. Lots of folks signed up with the furthest distance still looking like Indiana!!!

Question has come in about helmets. Vermont does have a helmet law and, like all states with helmet laws, helmets are supposed to be DOT approved. That said, plenty of people here ride with older helmets such as vintage BUCO's, which were fine when they were new. And none of our constabulary is likely to pay attention to them. The only types of helmets that generally attract attention are the little turtle-shell splat hats that are no more than a semi-rigid brassiere half with a chin strap. And those won't attract any attention unless you are doing 120 MPH, wheelies or burnouts through crosswalks in front of blind nuns. In short, don't sweat it.

Our live band for the Pig 'Pickin will be the Chin Hippies, and they are all serious riders themselves. I tried to get Jimmy Buffet as I hear he plays for Gumbo, but apparently that is just marketing...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

The envelopes keep coming with registration forms and attendees from 3 countries and too many states to count.

The Pig is fattening up nicely... his name is Magnum P.I.G. And he will be delicious.

The Chin Hippies, our live band, are practicing and I understand will have some new material just for us!

The owner of the historic "Round Barn" in Elmore, Vermont is looking forward to us dropping by for photos at one of the coolest old haybarns in New England.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! And there is still room for more riders!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Spent the weekend getting the routes finalized and making good progress on the tour/rides book.

If you haven't sent in your registration... tick tock.

If you haven't requested a registration, drop us a note or a PM. We can get you out an application. Still room for plenty more riders.

This is going to be a spectacular weekend!!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Check out the registration packages for the Ride Through Time... Yes, those are canvas tool bags! And we're filling them with goodies...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

What a weekend! More than 50 people... 44 bikes ranging from '24 Henderson and '27 JD up through some gorgeous mid-70's BMW's. Even one 1988 Ninja RR (they are collectible now!).

The best of people. Great time. We even lucked out with terrific weather. Yes, thunder everywhere, but we threaded the needles and almost no one got wet. The Pig Pickin' was delicious. So was the Goat Grab (really, Jamaician jerk spiced meat goat with Jasmine rice) and all the fixings.

Thanks to everyone who came! Thanks to all who had a good time! Awesome group of people!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

The Yankee Chapter road run was a lot of fun. Over 40 bikes showed up, it rained friday until early afternoon and then rained from time to time but there was plenty of time to ride. Lots of well ridden and cared for bikes. The roads were good with not much traffic. Only one bike broke down and Pierce had a rear tire blow on his JD. Two guys rode over 500 miles from New Brunswick Canada, they had a Pan and a Knuckle and had 12 volt Kubota alternators on them. There were three sidecars, Knuckle, Panhead, and BMW.
                I will try and load a few photos
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos Duda! I can never seem to get enough shots of old bikes grouped together. They almost always coincide with smiling people.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

http://www.newsandcitizen.com/news-a...stsmeetinstowe

Nice writeup from one of the local papers ^^^

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
                    X