Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Spain and Thor bikes

Hello,
    this short "email" is to introduce myself. I know the AMCA froum thanks to Steve Slocombe from UK, we meet in Veterama (Mannheim) sometimes, and he has help me with the restoration of my 1936 Harley. I am a new AMCA member since some days ago. I am interested in old bikes, they are my hobby and I have a small collection, most of them self restored. I have some american bikes (Indian, Henderson and Harley not all finished, and some of them are only a future project). In this moment I am particularly interested in contact with pre-1914 twin Thor owners, as I am trying to restore a bike but I have not enough information and some parts are missing. Time ago (in the 90´s) I was in touch with Gregory Walter, as he has helped me with the restoration of my Indian Scout; I have tried to contact him again several times, but his email placed in his web site about Thor is wrong and the phonenumber belongs to a woman. Somebody has his email?
    Perhaps I can help to other members, as I have lot of pictures and sketches about the restoration of my bikes, and I have lot of spares.
    Best wishes from Spain
    Enrique Castells

Hello Enrique. Welcome to the AMCA. The name Gregory Walter does not appear on the AMCA National roster. Try posting in the Parking Lot Chatter section of this website. Also try www.caimag.com.
    Best regards, Fred Davis, AMCA Director of Chapters.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Hi Enrique,
      I am restoring a 1914 9hp Thor. I probably have some similar questions as you. I have not nbeen able o get replies from this forum so far, but I am sure they will come with time. I am trying to find the correct layout for the rear hub / brake so I can identify he missing parts and hopefully make them. If you want to exchange ideas or whatever please contact.

Kelvin

Comment

hello Kelvin, send me your email. i can send you the rear hub skeches that you probably are looking for.
        enrique

Comment

ah, my email is e_castells@yahoo.es

Comment

Dear Enrique and Kelvin, the 1914 Thor 9 hp brochure is in the AMCA Virtual Library, which you can download free now that you are a member. It is not a shop manual but should be some help. We have Swedish and Dutch members with Thor twins and I'll try to roust them out. If there is Thor technical information out there, I urge our members to get it loaded up to the Library for the benefit of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
              Dear Enrique and Kelvin, the 1914 Thor 9 hp brochure is in the AMCA Virtual Library, which you can download free now that you are a member. It is not a shop manual but should be some help. We have Swedish and Dutch members with Thor twins and I'll try to roust them out. If there is Thor technical information out there, I urge our members to get it loaded up to the Library for the benefit of others.
              thank you Steve, i know these manuals, as i have bought them. i have some other part lists and manuals, but are copies and i have not the rights to reproduce them. i hope to see you at Veterama this year, as every year. i am interested in contact with other members, but with pre-1915 Thors, as post Thors are totally different....
              best wishes
              Enrique

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                Hello Enrique. Welcome to the AMCA. The name Gregory Walter does not appear on the AMCA National roster. Try posting in the Parking Lot Chatter section of this website. Also try www.caimag.com.
                Best regards, Fred Davis, AMCA Director of Chapters.
                thank you Fred, sadly i had not seen your answer untill yesterday. long time ago, when I was restoring a 1920 Indian Scout, i was in touch in the forum VIRTUAL INDIAN with a man, called Gregory Walter who was AMCA´s judge member. he helps me a lot. he was involved in Thor bikes, and he has a web site about Thor, but sadly the web site is not updated and the phone number and email are not working. Do you know if he is still live?
                Best wishes
                Enrique

Comment

Enrique: Gregory was at the Brookfield meet yesterday. He now lives in New Zealand. Tom

Comment

Hi Steve,
                    Thanks for the tip, and I have already downloaded the brochure you mention. It has been a big help. I need specific rear hub internal detail so that I can make the missing parts. The frame I have is bent sideways at the rear I think. I want to do a sprocket alignment to find where to "put" the frame. This will entail knowing the layout reasonabl accurately. We al know how much of a challenge this can be without all the parts. I am sure this forum willbe of great benefit, and look forward to a mutual exchange of details and ideas.
                    Kelvn

Comment

Working...
                    X