Solid State Regulator for 32E three brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Regulator for 32E three brush

Just a heads up. I just got the regulator conversion from Gene Harper (splitdorfreg) It was a fairly easy conversion (if I can do most anyone can) and it works great so far. On their order form it states the one for Harley 32E isn't available yet, but it is now. I E-mailed Gene and he sent me one. I really like how it resembles the stock cutout and even has Delco Remey stamped in the cover. I didn't get to try it on a long run but sitting at idle the light stays off were before it would flicker at an idle. Very pleased with the product and Gene responded to every E-mail I sent with questions, Big Thumbs Up

http://www.splitdorfreg.com/

Right on Dave, thanks - I have been thinking about gitting that for a few of my bikes. Interested to hear how it does after a few miles going down the road, though I bet it well do well. I have heard good things about Gene over the years and have bought a mag or two off him.

Comment

The last couple weekends I put 200+ miles on her running with lights on and when I got back I put it on the battery tender and it went right to float mode. Regulator is working perfectly.

Comment

I checked their website and there isn’t much information about the regulator for a 3 brush 32E. Does the conversion require re-wiring the fields inside the 32E 3 brush as Harley recommended when converting from a 3 brush to a 2 brush as shown in Shop Dope #418 (April 1960)?

Comment

Originally posted by RvP View Post
          I checked their website and there isn’t much information about the regulator for a 3 brush 32E. Does the conversion require re-wiring the fields inside the 32E 3 brush as Harley recommended when converting from a 3 brush to a 2 brush as shown in Shop Dope #418 (April 1960)?
          I worked with Gene on a couple of his prototypes. I would change the field coil wiring, or you may not get the desired results from the conversion.

IndianFrank

Indian Generator Restoration

Comment

Had Perry convert my 32E. Used the solid state regulator.

here is the wiring diagram i used. So far it works just fine

Comment

I havn't advertised them yet, (I can't make them fast enough!) but I do have a few regulators for the 32 E harley generators. It will require reconfiguring the field wiring connections inside the generator, as per the shop dope diagram. This is easy to do and does not require any additional components. I've been running one on my 39 Knuckle for about 4 years now and it works great.

Gene Harper (www.splitdorfreg.com)

Comment

Working...
              X