Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? Heathers Leather - Clover SC

Dear Fellow AMCA Members;

Has anyone had difficulty doing business with Wayne Hagler, Heather's Leathers in 2010?

I sent Wayne an order in late March 2010 for a new solo saddle for my 59 Pan. Also sent him my existing solo seat rail, and a luggage rack passenger pad that I wanted recovered to match. Have called him numerous times, emailed him and also talked to him in person in Davenport. Still do not have my solo saddle sent to me as of December 20th, 2010. So far Wayne has done nothing he says he will do including call me back in a few days when the saddle is done. Certainly no way to treat an AMCA Member and a good past customer!

Happy Holidays to All...2010 was another great year to be an AMCA Member...See Y'all on The Road in 2011

Steve Klein
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter
    Georgetown, TX 78633
    Steve@SteveKlein.Com
    361.652.8300 Cell
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

I did business with him years ago. I sent you a PM.

Comment

To All AMCA Members;
      I have been receiving calls since posting this question relative to Wayne Hagler, Heathers Leathers, Clover S.C. Apparently Wayne has a long list of past misjudgements, challenges and inabilities as a businessman, and also unhappy clients. His past work for me has been top notch, however I am a bit old fashioned and when I find out a man's integrity and honor are skewed....well there's not much else to work with. This AMCA Member cannot recommend Wayne Hagler, Heathers Leathers for other AMCA Members to consider for their leather projects.

Thank you
      Steve Klein
      AMCA Member 12176
      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
      Steve@SteveKlein.com
      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Heather's Leathers

I gave Wayne my Indian pan at Denton, it took longer than he promiced, but I got the seat back in September, it was perfect. I'm very satisfied with Wayne and would recommend him and his workmanship.
        Bottom line, these small vendors have good intentions but over extend. Wayne's good and he's honest, I'll take that every time.

Comment

If he is good and honest, why doesn't he answer the phone call? Is he too embarrassed to admit that he still isn't done with it, or what? If he was an honest man, he would take the call and talk to the guy. Thanks for the head's up on this clown. We don't need flakes for vendors.

Comment

One Happy Customer Does Not a Reputation Make

Originally posted by Jim Grove View Post
            I gave Wayne my Indian pan at Denton, it took longer than he promiced, but I got the seat back in September, it was perfect. I'm very satisfied with Wayne and would recommend him and his workmanship.
            Bottom line, these small vendors have good intentions but over extend. Wayne's good and he's honest, I'll take that every time.
            Jim...Glad you had a good experience. Don't forget I am a solid past customer and have my bikes on his website to prove it. I have always paid his price and been more than patient...always. He does not answer the phone or emails. When threatened bad enough he will back up the religion truck and dump the entire load on you. I don't need saved...I need my seats done. Wayne has issues, is far from honest (has lied to me more times than told the damn truth) and until he get's his life straightened out will be a continued embarrassment to our AMCA Members. Refer business if you wish. You are currently an exception, not the norm. Nothing personal. Just hate for our AMCA Members to get a runaround or worse yet have their seat pans, and parts disappear and then not get their order filled at all.

Just shooting straight!
            All The Best
            Steve Klein
            AMCA Member 12176
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            Steve@SteveKlein.com
            Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

he seems hard to deal with but if you go to a meet where he features finished products the quality and workmanship are top notch .talked to him in eustis fla i was looking for brown 1947 indian chief seat offered to make one up for me i chose to wait - saw wayne in oley bought a finished seat real nice i like to see a product before i buy it .paul g bergeron 7989

Comment

You fellows could save a lot of future grief if you send saddle work to Chuck Leipham at the Saddleshop, Edgewater, Fl. Not only can he build a seat correctly, he can reserrect old, damaged ones depending on the damage. Really knows leather and not a flake. Toney Watson was doing all his seat developement with Chuck prior to his passing last year. The best. Marty

Comment

Sure don't want to rub salt in an old wound, but I am compelled to voice a very ugly transaction I had with Wayne at Heathers Leather - I gave him my 1919 seat frame while at Davenport 2011 - He said a couple of months. After 8 months of dodgeball and "who are you", I was just about to demand my seat frame back. He finally sent me my seat and charged me less money than he originally quoted (because of the lapse of time) When I received it and open the box, I almost couldn't believe my eyes!!
                  I was so dis-satisfied, that I began looking for another vendor to make a correct seat for my bike. I display this seat I received back from Wayne, just so you can see it. It currently is hanging on the wall in my shop for people to laugh at.

Now, I must Brag on Jethro Smith at Antique Motorcycle Works - He correctly made me a new seat is just a few weeks - It is such a bummer to learn about poor quality and workmanship the hard way - Trial and Error - So, I just wanted to help someone else who might be walking down the same road I just traveled. I just wrote off the $200 I paid Wayne because I just don't want the hassle.IMG_3279.jpgIMG_3281.jpgIMG_3282.jpgnewseat1.JPGrestore68.jpg

Comment

One big thing wrond is he uses white thread on his H-D seats. Something the MoCo never did on Knucks and Pans.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I have seen Wayne at Oley every year & talked with him & bought seats & bags & been very satisfied, how ever I have heard the stories. This past april he was the only person who would promise a short nose solo for my 33 no one had the pan. he called in 4 weeks I sent money he sent seat I was completly satisfied

Comment

"Don't want to rub salt in an old wound" he says (Dave1919) then proceeds to jump in with both feet, up to his neck. Chris Haynes brings up an old disputation, long buried, that apparently only he believes. Yup.

Eye just finished a completely satisfactory transaction with Wayne that began a couple of weeks ago in his booth in Davenport. Completely satisfactorily! Thank you Wayne! The special-order parts I asked you to get me came through yesterday. Excellent transaction!

I've never had a complaint about Wayne, and if I did, it would have been kept between us men, children!
                        Last edited by Sargehere; 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM.
                        Gerry Lyons #607
                        http://www.37ul.com/
                        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I wish I had read this before dealing with him. His memory is shot which caused most of the problems. In the end my 2nd seat turned out perfect but my matching kidney belt was scrapped because of his lack of memory. Flipped out on me about something we had talked about and agreed upon. Needless to say I will wait next time deal with someone else.

Comment

He did a top-notch job on the seat pan that he recovered for my 1959 XLCH.....I couldn't be happier. And when he called me to discuss the specifics after receiving my seat pan, he asked if I wanted white or black thread, so they can do it either way.
                            Last edited by Sportster Jerry; 09-20-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Gerry,
                              If you can show me any Knuck or Pan ERA factory photograph of a seat with white stiching I will gladly retract my warning about his seats.
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X