Pan Head Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan Head Shops

I'm a new member here and really looking forward to all the available experience and knowledge at this site. What brought me here is a renewed motivation to finally finish a 1952 PAN I've had in my garage for over 25 years. The bad news is I have no paper work for it but can't do anything about that until I at least get it mostly put back together. Any way's I'm trying to find a good shop locally that folks have experience with and can recommend. I'm considering Phil's Cycle Works near L.A. or maybe Wayne's in Santee, but surely there has to be some other shops out there local to San Diego. Anyone have experience with Stett's Iron Horse Ranch in El Cajon? I'm a bit disappointed on what seems to be a lack of information about shops that work on antique motorcycles, I understand that bashing may not be acceptable but certainly there must be some good ones that folks would be willing to comment about. I would appreciate any input, if there are places I should stay away from pease PM me.
    Louis

I use Bill Chambers Racing in Upland, CA to build my Panhead Motors. He has done two for me and they run great. I drive 5 hours one way to get to his shop.
    Terry "Pigpen" Gambill
    AMCA #4386
    Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Louis, Nothing for nothing. I would not spend anymore money on this prodject until you have paper in hand. If you go though the state. They can end up stamping you motor and frame and giving you a state vin. Run it though a title mill. I used the one in Nevada and had no problem getting clear title in NJ. I will post the name and number in the morning. Bob L

International Tital Service 1-800-543-8626 Motorcycles were $85 clams a couple of years ago.
      Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-05-2010, 06:43 AM.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

if you are going to use a title service make sure you,re state will accept it. they won,t in ill. and the price is about 5 times more than it was a couple years ago.

Comment

When I did it they sent me a Alabama title and stated nothing about the Title service it's self. Bob L
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
          X