This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moon wolf View Post
    It seems an extremely valid topic to me. For instance, the K model / Sportster fender is an excellent replica. Many of the other parts don't fit (like the early Sportster two into one exhaust). It would be valuable, I think, to distinguish the good from the bad, as it is the primary source for re-pop parts.

Oh, and fellow member or not, he does make his living (and a handsome one, I presume) selling the rest of us re-pop parts, which makes him fair game in my book.
    Something must have changed. The one we got two or three years ago was awful. Braces were inches short. We thought it was a Hummer fender, but it didn't fit one of those either. The replacement they sent was just the same.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Originally posted by bmh View Post
      Something must have changed. The one we got two or three years ago was awful. Braces were inches short. We thought it was a Hummer fender, but it didn't fit one of those either. The replacement they sent was just the same.

I was speaking of the skirted rear fender. The front fender is nothing like the original.

Comment

I don't give a crap where one buys his aftermarket parts. They are all the same at one time or another. One batch may suck. The next batch may be perfect. What gets my gall is when a supplier knows for well a batch is bad and continues to sell them until the stock is depleted. Legal terms are used in the aftermarket realm as well. Look out for the parts titled replica ! This title suggests in no way the part is even a safe part to utilize. It is a fake copy without the specifications of operational or safe use. If a part does not specifically state its equality to oem specs, beware of it !! Paps

Comment

Just because nine of Tedd's parts are crap is no reason to say all ten of them are ! :D
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

9 out of ten is not what I would say is a good average.
            I'ld like to hear about the good ones, so we know which to buy if we can't aford the genuine original OEM parts. Repops are better then nothing if they are good. I'll say it again, repops have their place if they are good quality and fit. I sill want to get some positive things going here. Jim

Comment

they will gladly refund your money when your not happy with one of tedd's parts. thats positive
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                they will gladly refund your money when your not happy with one of tedd's parts. thats positive
                Come on Rob that's the best you can do. I know you better. Try 15 to 20 percent restocking fee plus your shipping coming and going for a peice of junk they new was junk. I'm not laying down on this one.
                Last edited by Robert Luland; 04-01-2010, 09:56 PM.
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

the box my poorly made repop 41 knuckle tanks came in was sturdy and held up well when i used it to send the tanks back, the peanuts worked good too....now if that aint a positive i don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                    NO THEY WON'T! LAST I CHECKED THEY WILL ONLY GIVE YOU A CREDIT . I CALL THAT A RIP OFF.

Comment

Haven't done business with them, but based on the comments here and on a couple other threads it doesn't appear that the board of directors made a decision on the new location of the AMCA Museum that sits well with most of the active members. But then again not many thought the terms of the last (current) location was a wise expenditure either. I will say that if I owned a business manufacturing or selling old bike parts and the AMCA decided to house their museum in my competitor's place of business, I sure would have to give serious consideration to cancelling any current/future advertising with the AMCA (on-line or in the magazine). Just not a smart move to align one of the club's most visible assets to any ONE advertiser's place of business.

Is this decision final yet? If not then maybe the results of a poll here among the membership with a simple "Yes", "No", or "I don't care" choice of responses might give the board a slightly different perspective/direction.
                      AMCA 15783

Comment

V Twin Speedometer

My 63 FLH came with a V Twin speedometer when I bought the bike ten years ago. The speedometer, odometer, and trip odometer have worked perfectly for 10,000 miles. That is one part that seems to be OK.
                        Rod Hansen, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                          My 63 FLH came with a V Twin speedometer when I bought the bike ten years ago. The speedometer, odometer, and trip odometer have worked perfectly for 10,000 miles. That is one part that seems to be OK.
                          Begginer Ruck!
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                            Two things about the speedometers. First off all it is not made by Tedd. He simply sells them. Secondly it would never pass as a reproduction because it looks a lot different than the original.
                            As far as filling the hole and working goes they are fine.
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I just looked at the last catalog Ted personally gave me at Swap Meet. It is his 2008 version and has almost 1,300 pages. I cannot imagine how much work is involved putting out a catalog that covers everything from Antique to the modern stuff (that I know nothing about) and everything inbetween. Nowhere in the catalog does it say that the Pan, Knuckle or 45 repop parts are 100% perfect guaranteed to fit restoration quality items. Common sense says when you buy a repop part for a fraction of what a NOS or nice original part goes for you know you are not getting that NOS Part! If you have deep pockets and you are totally restoring a nut and bolt 46 Knuckle that is worth 40K when done, why are you even looking in his catalog? Too cheap to buy the real deal stuff? You want the part you need tommorrow for a fraction of what an original costs and you want it to be perfect? Twenty Five years ago when I bought an Indian Repop Part some were good and some were bad. Same thing during the Chopper era. Some was good, some was OK and some was crap. Bashing someone who has made a serious effort to help people put motorcycles on the road by selling stuff whether good or bad helps nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                                I just looked at the last catalog Ted personally gave me at Swap Meet. It is his 2008 version and has almost 1,300 pages. I cannot imagine how much work is involved putting out a catalog that covers everything from Antique to the modern stuff (that I know nothing about) and everything inbetween. Nowhere in the catalog does it say that the Pan, Knuckle or 45 repop parts are 100% perfect guaranteed to fit restoration quality items. Common sense says when you buy a repop part for a fraction of what a NOS or nice original part goes for you know you are not getting that NOS Part! If you have deep pockets and you are totally restoring a nut and bolt 46 Knuckle that is worth 40K when done, why are you even looking in his catalog? Too cheap to buy the real deal stuff? You want the part you need tommorrow for a fraction of what an original costs and you want it to be perfect? Twenty Five years ago when I bought an Indian Repop Part some were good and some were bad. Same thing during the Chopper era. Some was good, some was OK and some was crap. Bashing someone who has made a serious effort to help people put motorcycles on the road by selling stuff whether good or bad helps nobody.
                                It appears to me the complaints are legitimate. I hope you got Tedd to sign your catalog.

Comment

Working...
                                X