Generator Rebuild Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator Rebuild Service?

Hi Guys, I have a Generator for my 1957 Sportster, it is the Model 52k Generator which was slightly smaller than the newer generators that came on 1958 and up Sportsters. Anyway I need someone to rebuild mine, new brushes etc. whatever it needs..... Any recommendations?

Thanks
    -Paul
    New York City
    1957 Sportster
    AMCA Member# 9766

hi again paul---i use rich brown up in connecticut. he did a great job on mine and really reasonable too. it looked and worked like new. phone him at 860-965-3245 if he is still doing it. he works on a tugboat so leave a message. he has been selling rebuilts at oley pa swap meet

Comment

Generators

Dale Cashman 757-497-0131

Comment

Originally posted by Powerlifter626 View Post
        Hi Guys, I have a Generator for my 1957 Sportster, it is the Model 52k Generator which was slightly smaller than the newer generators that came on 1958 and up Sportsters. Anyway I need someone to rebuild mine, new brushes etc. whatever it needs..... Any recommendations?

Thanks
        -Paul
        I endorse Dale Cashman tel 757-497-0131

(Va Beach, VA)

...Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

i'll try him on the next ones----his website doesn't seem to be working---any idea on price of a 32E rebuild from dale?

Comment

Cashman's the best, believe me I have tried them all and his are always spot on. Not only do they work flawlessly, but they are restored to perfection. Dale's the man.
            Carl
            http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

I just rode down to Virginia Beach to drop off my generator to Dale Cashman. His shop is one of the neatest shops I have been in, looked like every tool and tester made is there. I rode in the rain for 5 hours so I could save the 10 dollars in postage. (remember its the journey).
              anyway I could see why all recommend him if you ever get a chance to see his shop and some of his old bikes you would see why he does such good work.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it
              Moose
              aka Glenn

Comment

I endorse Rich Brown. He and his son stand by their work and they really strive for perfection and period-accuracy. They really are a treasure trove of knowledge for all matters concerning H-D generators and electrical systems. It's a side-business for Rich and it was created for love rather than profit.

And yes, he's long time friend, so I'm far from impartial. But it's all true.
                Bill Pedalino
                Huntington, New York
                AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                  i'll try him on the next ones----his website doesn't seem to be working---any idea on price of a 32E rebuild from dale?
                  I see Bill Morris@Bills old Bike Barn is selling rebuilt and pre tested generators on e-bay among other things VL motors and cylinders that have been reconditioned
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Bills Custom Cycles

I picked up a rebuilt 32E from Bill Morris and it was done beautifully and pretested. $275 for the unit, which isn't bad considering they go for $150 - $250 at the meets without knowing if they work. If you happen to go pick it up in person, be sure to check out Bill's "old bike barn" museum. It's a remarkable collection of bikes, advertising and americana that he's collected over the years. He also has many many many NOS parts for Harley's.
                    Scott
                    AMCA# 13993

Comment

Can he find me a 1923 genny for a Henderson 4? Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                        I just rode down to Virginia Beach to drop off my generator to Dale Cashman. His shop is one of the neatest shops I have been in, looked like every tool and tester made is there. I rode in the rain for 5 hours so I could save the 10 dollars in postage. (remember its the journey).
                        anyway I could see why all recommend him if you ever get a chance to see his shop and some of his old bikes you would see why he does such good work.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it
                        Can you give me his address for his shop, Friend is visiting in Va. Beach for a couple more days. Shelby

Comment

From the responses I did not know there were so many choices.

I just had a scout 741 generator overhauled by Frank VanVelde.

It was done promptly and he returned a reconditioned generator very well done, along with helpful advice.
                          He was communicative and sincere.

Contact indianfrank@yahoo.com
                          RGL
                          Ohio
                          Indians

Comment

Do any of these guys service Indian Generators? I have a 1946 High Output Generator that needs service.

Comment

Originally posted by rmmccon View Post
                              Do any of these guys service Indian Generators? I have a 1946 High Output Generator that needs service.
                              Yes: indianfrank@yahoo.com

Please don't mention my name though.

...Cotten
                              AMCA #776
                              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                              X