Corbin Gentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Gentry

After seeing the KR replica seat offered by Corbin Gentry in the V-Twin Catalog, I thought it would be a perfect fit for my bobber project.

I planned to have Mike at Worsham Castle dye the buckskin colored leather shown in the catalog a deeper russet patina.

What I received was light chocolate brown leather with several rivets set just about half way in, with 2 or 3 wobbling in their holes.

The leather strip on the bottom wasn't dyed at all, and the smeared gob of glue at the rear seam guaranteed it a trip back to V-Twin.

I think V-Twin should just automatically asign Return Authorization numbers with every part shipped to save the phone call.

That is sad news. I mean the quality part of the seat, that is. The seats I received, made by Corbin, were top notch quality. Could the company now be using the name to represent someone elses product ? This is done with the Sifton name now. Paps

Comment

Rex,
      I think we need to revisit the idea of using an H-D Scat, Ranger, or Super 10 seat pan with a thin padding---Michael

Comment

We've produced a new seat, but it's not on my current site. It'll be on the new site when we open in the States. It's leather and comes in brown or black.

If interested, contact me at: info@45partsdepot.com

Kurt

I've attached a few pix.
        Attached Files

Comment

Brown
          Attached Files

Comment

Bottom
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette
              Rex,
              I think we need to revisit the idea of using an H-D Scat, Ranger, or Super 10 seat pan with a thin padding---Michael
              I'm not familiar with those models, so if you have any pictures of those seats, please post them or e-mail them to me.

I'll be in touch!

Rex

Comment

Originally posted by Paps
                That is sad news. I mean the quality part of the seat, that is. The seats I received, made by Corbin, were top notch quality. Could the company now be using the name to represent someone elses product ? This is done with the Sifton name now. Paps
                There is a Made In USA sticker on it, but who it's realy from will remain a mystery as I am done with them.

I'm trying to use up a credit from a defective oil pump return, and thought I'd be safe ordering a piece without the V-Twin name on it.

Has anyone ever been able to turn a V-Twin store credit into an actual cash refund?

Rex

Comment

Originally posted by KDR
                  We've produced a new seat, but it's not on my current site. It'll be on the new site when we open in the States. It's leather and comes in brown or black.

If interested, contact me at: info@45partsdepot.com

Kurt

I've attached a few pix.
                  Nice looking piece!

Rex

Comment

I stopped buying C-G seats after the first one arrived with nearly zig-zag stitching and skirts that stuck out sideways.

Then I risked a few of their sheepskin covers. No two were the same, one actually almost fit a bare pan, and one was filled inside with ballpoint pen instructions on how to sew it!

Perhaps Tedd buys all the C-G 'seconds' at a bargain price.

....Cotten

Comment

Regarding your question asking if anyone had been able to get cash back from V-Twin:

No, fugeddaboutit!

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
                      X