Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Dude Now Part of Wheels Through Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dude Now Part of Wheels Through Time?

Saw this on ebay in a listing for "animal house 2010" which is the Wheels Through Time museum. I've always had great interactions when buying things. Then there was this: "We recently purchased Old Dude Vintage Parts out of Atlanta. Lots of Used, OEM NOS and NEW aftermarket parts to come."

I guess that answers the question of whether Bart was going to continue his dad's business...
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

At Wauseon this past summer, I talked to the two gentlemen selling Old Dude parts. The one told me Bart had already moved on to working in a gun store and something to do with a reptile business, only part time at the parts shop. He said him and the other guy were going to try and keep the hardware parts still functioning.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I got NOS Indian tail light in the box for $16 from Wheels through time on eBay awhile back.Empty Indian boxes usually go for more than that.
        Pete Cole AMCA #14441
        1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Their website is down
          Max

Comment

Originally posted by maxglass View Post
            Their website is down
            Max
            Didn't think they ever had a website, facebook maybe?
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bart seemed to be struggling with running the business the last year or two. A guy named Ron Higgins who told me he a was a friend of Bart's dad was helping him this past summer. Hope things work out for everyone involved...
              vph-d

Comment

Here is what went on according to Ron. Carol and Bart needed some quick cash for expenses and made a deal with Mark AKA Animal House to buy a bunch of NOS parts and some other parts in order to get the cash Carol required. They did not sell all or even most of what Old Dude has, about a 1/3 from what I was told. Ron and John are replenishing any inventory and will be at swap meets this year selling as Old Dude for Carol and Bart. Old Dude still exists and will be continuing but Bart may or may not be going to meets but Ron and John will be for him. Bart is working in a gun shop and playing with snakes both of which he has done for a long time.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                AMCA#12766

Comment

Has anyone been able to get a hold of OldDude recently?

I have been trying to reach them for about a month now with no answer or call back. I even emailed olddude@mindspring.com to inquire if they were still taking orders. Bart responded saying they were and gave me the phone number. When I call I get their message, which says to leave a message and they will call back. No response after 8+ calls and at least two messages.

Phone number: 877-653-3833

Comment

To add to Rollo’s post: Ron told me that he’ll mostly be keeping the hardware and the small parts that can be replenished like oil lines and whatnot. And I’ll add that its best to catch him at the meets and stock up if possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X