Glass Bead Blasting 1951 Indian Road Warrior Crankcases and Connecting Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Bead Blasting 1951 Indian Road Warrior Crankcases and Connecting Rods

I wanted to post a few photos to share that the Chrome Shop of Rock Island, Illinois also does basic stuff like glass bead blasting crankcases and not just chrome or finish work.
    I was really pleased when I opened the box today. Man, you should have seen them when they arrived from California.
    These look brand new. Still need to send them to another shop for final touches, but the difference here is like night and day.
    -JR 1951 Road Warrior B-11091 Serial Number Side Full View.JPG1951 Road Warrior Crankcase cam Side B-1109.JPGGlass Bead Blasted Connecting Rods 1.JPG

These stamps were also found on the motor parts.
    If anyone knows what they mean, please post a response.
    -JR 457 Numeric Stamp on Case.JPG1951 Road Warrior Crankcase Opposite of PN View Side.JPG

Comment

Looking good! My wife is restoring a 49 scout and has the first 51 TT off the assembly line as a basket case. Neat bikes! One of these days we will put up some pics of the progress. (Btw...I think I bought a rigid frame toolbox off you a couple years ago!) Did you go to the vertical meet in NC last fall? We were lucky enough to be able to attend!
      Last edited by gypsynw; 04-07-2023, 07:16 PM.

Comment

This is one of the more intermediary projects. Wally Brown has my first bike at BMB Cycles doing the final restoration and assembly/testing on the bike.
        I did not get to attend the Vertical Seminar. That would have been cool. I still email Wally and Pete fairly regularly.
        I think you did get a tool box from me. I was able to trade one of the other ones for a spring frame type. Got lucky.
        I was also lucky enough to change my 1951 TT build to B-1304-T matching numbers and my first titled bike.
        Hope the tool-box worked out for you. I was thinking of doing the same thing sooner or later until I found someone to trade with and then caught two partial boxes for sale.
        I still need lids for two of them! Crazy.
        Good talkin to you again.
        -JR

Comment

Working...
        X