Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911-1914 Harley single intake valves

Greetings
    I am looking to have intake valves for my 1914 Harley single. Or am looking for a used one. I have one as a sample, but cant find a source to have a small quantity made. The valve is a flat face valve, the stem has a oval hole. I guess at the time that was not so unusual. The valve was used through at least 1914 and appears to be the same valve as was used as an atmospheric intake valve in 1911 and 12. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post a picture tomorrow, or so.

Thanks
    Max

contact Sean at Competition Distribution, he should have them in stock.

Comment

I have asked them in the past and the answer has been, no. I dont think Lonnie ever listed them in the past either. They are a flat valve, so kind of unusual. I should have listed a picture to begin with. I may have to modify an existing valve and instead of an oval keeper, go with one that is round. 13 and 14 valve springs are just slightly heavier than 1909-12 springs, but those were 20230323_205741.jpg20230323_205734.jpgatmospheric. the legnth of the valve is 2.64", stem .275", head diameter 1.697"
      Thanks
      Max

Attached Files

Comment

And thanks for the input, everything helps.

Comment

Greetings
          Just to wrap this up, I had 2 valves made. Randy Walker from Walker machine made them for me. He used Caterpillar valves and cut them down. He even put the oval holes in for the keepers. The oval keepers are the same as 1917 to whenever J valves. The valves look great, and fit the original pocket. I have to ream the new valve pocket, but thats at least in my skill set.
          Thanks
          Max

20230815_102637.jpg20230815_102652.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X