Daily Direct Haul Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Direct Haul Bikes

Just a heads up, I had a machine trucked across the country by these folks - Daily Direct Haul Bikes. Service was terrible ! took a month longer than they said it would. For a period, they were not even sure where my machine was. Their customer service was a total joke, the only way I got them to even reply was on Face Book. Finally the owner of the company he said anyways - tells me it all their screw up and not to worry it's on the way. He said call me anytime day or night 24/7 if you have any further issues - he never even picked up the phone, or replied to my messages ! Finally I got the machine yesterday and it was damaged, about a 1 foot long scratch on the handlebars and about a half inch wide too. I well fix that, but I am done with those folks - worthless ! I was so disgusted - just for your info. Also I have now been in touch with club members with much the same results, don't use em !

Tom,
    Several years ago at the time of the first Rhinebeck, NY Meet I had a motorcycle trucked by them from NY to WA state. I was certainly less than satisfied, as the side stand pivot bracket on the frame was broken when it arrived. It was a frustrating struggle to get a settlement, which eventually did occur after prolonged insistence. So, I would not recommend or use them again either.

Comment

I have had two bad experiences with Haul Bikes. My last shipment was delayed three times before the motorcycle was picked up and sat in a hub warehouse for days before I actually drove there to pick it up. It's always the same excuses. The logistics manager told me that they continue to take customers orders but don't have the drivers or equipment to fill the orders. Greed is what they are about, not customer service. The last conversation I had with the lady in customer service she said " SO" your motorcycle delivery is late... I had to send 350 emails telling people their motorcycle delivery was going to be delayed. After that conversation I decided to drive to the hub where they were storing my motorcycle and pick it up. Never again.

Comment

Ditto I've had two Indian's damaged in shipping. It took a while for them to make good on the damage but they ultimately did, sounds like they have gotten worse in the five years since I used them.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

The Federal Companies ( agents for Allied Van Lines ) have been shipping antique bikes coast to coast for thirty years. A friend of mine worked there for years and I worked there in 1980. A very professional outfit. And they have a web site. Just another option.
          Craig

Comment

I started a thread about this a couple years ago on shipping times and I see it has not improved. I never had any damage with them,(4 hauls) but their customer service is near zero and shipping time is when it fits into their schedule .Last time it took a month to get them to go from their warehouse in Las Vegas to my place in central Calif. Late last year I shipped a bike from Calif to New York and was almost 6 weeks and no damage. I looked into others but they were either too expensive, too busy, or used an open trailer. So pick your poison!
            #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

very interesting guy's, I should of checked here before I had it shipped. Lesson learned

Comment

I used Allied from Orlando to Mahwah, N.J. where I could pick it up as it was fairly close to me. It sat in I think Chicago for a couple weeks but came delivered fine, no issues. This was about 10 yrs ago so I don't know what the current situation is. It took a total of 4 weeks.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I think if Haul Bikes were more honest with their expected delivery times, people would be more understanding.

Comment

Yes that delivery expectation is the real issue. They shoot themselves in the foot when it is not necessary. It's like thinking Christmas is a week away when really it comes in February. I have always found the drivers are very professional and careful. In any business there is always an exception of course.
                    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Here's my Haul Bikes story.
                      I have used them in the recent past with good results.
                      But I have had a recent experience with them that will be my last.
                      I needed to move a recently purchased motorcycle from Omaha to Clearwater, FL.
                      After several slow response emails with them regarding pickup location and delivery location I signed a contract with them to pickup and deliver a 51 FL for $462.00.
                      They claimed they were not servicing Nebraska and the closest states they did serve were either Colorado or Iowa.
                      How they get from Iowa to Colorado without going through Nebraska remains a mystery.
                      So as a work around I was having the seller (a Harley Dealer service manager) transport the bike to a truck stop across the Nebraska border into Iowa at the nearest truck stop on I-80. The delivery location was Haulbikes Hub located in Ocala, FL. both of these addresses appear on the contract which was signed and paid on 4/16.
                      The pickup window I was given was 4/16 - 5/2.
                      On 4/29 I was notified they were experiencing mechanical problems with their equipment and would get back to me with a new pickup date.
                      On 5/3 after waiting 4 days I emailed my contact and told them to cancel the order.
                      On 5/5 they offer to knock off $100 if I stayed with the contract.
                      I resonded no, please cancel the contract as stated previously.
                      I followed up this morning to inquire about the timeline for the refund.
                      They reponded it usually take 45 days to issue a refund.
                      The best part is that their truck showed up at the Dealership were the seller works in Nebaska this morning looking to make the pickup.
                      Not at the Pickup address in Iowa shown on the contract but at the Dealership in Nebraska, where they don't go!
                      I've already contacted my credit card company regarding the charges. And have made other arrangements for shipping.
                      I should have the bike in Denton at the southern National if evrything goes to plan.
                      But I've got to admit I'm nervous!

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
                        The Federal Companies ( agents for Allied Van Lines ) have been shipping antique bikes coast to coast for thirty years. A friend of mine worked there for years and I worked there in 1980. A very professional outfit. And they have a web site. Just another option.
                        Craig
                        A few years ago my former neighbor used Federal/Allied. I happened to be passing by when the driver was securing the bike in his rig. He had covered the bike with furniture pads and had it against the wall of the truck. He then used ratchet straps to secure it against the wall. I could see both fenders bending from the pressure of the ratchet straps.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Well that can't be good ! As a retired truck driver, I.ve often said that they need an IQ test to get a Commercial Drivers License.

Comment

Working...
                          X