Neck bearing cup resurfacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck bearing cup resurfacing

I would like to use origional ball bearing neck cups. However I am finding that many of them have indents or groves were the balls sat and have wore the race surface. Is anyone resurfacing these?
    The aftermarket cups kit that I have gotten are machined incorrectly causing problems with dampner and height issues. Thanks. Paddy

Originally posted by paddy View Post
    I would like to use origional ball bearing neck cups. However I am finding that many of them have indents or groves were the balls sat and have wore the race surface. Is anyone resurfacing these?
    The aftermarket cups kit that I have gotten are machined incorrectly causing problems with dampner and height issues. Thanks. Paddy
    What I did on my JD was mount the cup in my lathe and a die grinder on the tool post with a real fine burr that was the same diameter as the balls and 'deepened' the track until I had a nice surface. Definitely helped and looked good. I do not know how deep the hardening is but...

Comment

Thanks Jerry unfortunately for me. That is beyond my skillset.
      iI am still looking for good OEM cups and races but I see that Samwell and W&W both make the sets.

Comment

I have had the cup bearing surface reground and they worked great. The vendor I used has been rather busy of late and may not be able to take on any more work at the moment. PM me for more info.

Comment

Working...
        X