Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Coffman Speedometer Restoration, any knowkedge of his work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Coffman Speedometer Restoration, any knowkedge of his work?

I know that John Bordas does excellent speedo restorations from experience, and everyone I know who has dealt with him has always been very pleased with his work.
    I have seen a 1954 Hydra speedo for sale that has been restored by Jeff Coffman, but I have no idea of the quality of his work. Plenty of info on the net about John Bordas but can't find anything on Jeff Coffman apart from him being on Facebook. Has anyone had a speedo restored by him and would recommend his work?
    Thanks for your time.

Jeff Coffman is a standup guy and sells quality used and restored parts but I had never heard that he himself restored speedometers.

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. What you say explains why I could not find anything on the internet about him restoring speedos.
      But it's good to hear he sells quality used parts and he can be trusted. I'm having a problem finding a few parts so I will try to find some contact details. I know he is on Facebook, but I don't go anywhere near it!
      Once again, thank you. Have a good day, Rob.

Comment

Jeff's American Classics....
        270 OR-99W....
        Dundee, OR..
        1-503-538-7028

Comment

Thanks again. I will definitely contact the shop tomorrow and see if I can start finding the troublesome parts.
          Be Good, Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
            Jeff Coffman is a standup guy and sells quality used and restored parts but I had never heard that he himself restored speedometers.
            Same here, I've bought numerous things from him over the years and always good transactions.

Comment

Last I knew, he uses John Bordas!

Comment

Thanks HD48FL and upsrod. I appreciate you both took the time to help out.
                My best wishes to you all, Rob.

Comment

You're welcome. Glad that upsrod posted that Jeff uses John Bordas.

Give Jeff a call and have no worries about what you buy from him, it will be as advertised.

Here is his site:

http://www.jeffsamericanclassics.com

Comment

I have all my speedometer work done by Stan at Vintage Rust. High quality work and parts. https://www.facebook.com/VintageRustSpeedometers
                    He can rebuild or restore, whatever your needs may be. Here are a few Stan has done for me.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

My thanks Chris for the lead on Vintage Rust, I had not heard of them before now. That is an impressive array of speedos, looks like you have all the years covered from '36 up.
                      Be Good, Rob.

Comment

there are pretty much two guys in the us who handle the majority of hd speedo restorations, stan at vintage rust & john bordas. you probably won't hear anything bad about either one. john did 3 for me a few months ago & i'll be sending a few to stan in a couple months so i can compare them.

Comment

Thanks knucklehead61 for taking the time to reply. John did some speedometers for me and some friends of mine a few years ago, and he did a fantastic job on every one.
                          There has been some confusion over Jeff Coffman on my part because someone in Europe was selling a restored Hydra speedometer and he told me Jeff Coffman had done it. That's why I then tried to find out what his work was like. Thanks to AMCA members I now know that he doesn't restore speedometers, but he does sell HD parts. I have emailed him to see if he has a few parts I've had trouble finding.
                          So again, my thanks to you, and to everyone else who took the time to reply. Rob.

Comment

Working...
                          X