repop chief tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repop chief tank

Any suggestions for the best repop tank 1948 chief?
    pm me if you like
    thanks in advance
    Steve

Matt Blake at Iron Horse Corrall, Clovis, CA. He has an ad in the National Magazine. He has welded tanks, they are very nice. He also has a waiting list for his products. I have a set of '48 Chief tanks for sale... they leak and need resoldering, no fittings or caps. I've had them for 30yrs. I am asking $250+shipping, USA only, no overseas. ChiefTwoKicks@hotmail.com for more details

Comment

I went with IRC Matt Blakes tanks for my 38 chief and they are very nice all weld construction.
      I think I waited about 4 mos.
      JerryGreers also sell Matts tanks so they may have stock,but If you order from Matt direct(same price) the shipping is free.
      I have only primed them but they need almost no filler to paint.
      Tom

Comment

Is there any go to guys to repair chief tanks?

Comment

John Bivens who works with Todd at Greer's, did 2 sets for me, great work, but that was 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bstevens479 View Post
            John Bivens who works with Todd at Greer's, did 2 sets for me, great work, but that was 5 years ago.
            I second the suggestion, John Bivens did my '47 tanks and did a great job. Does take a while, so if you're in a hurry Kiwi also recently started advertising repo tanks.

Comment

There was a Dinihanian Manufacturing Inc. that has advertised in the national magazine:
              vahan237@gmail.com
              Also supposed to be on facebook.
              I have never dealt with him and I am not a facebook person
              You could always try repairing it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bstevens479 View Post
                I too can vouch for John Biven's work rebuilding Chief and Four cylinder tanks, he's done three sets of mine and never had any issues. As mentioned he's a busy one man shop so if you are in a rush you better go some place else or buy a repop set of tanks.
                AMCA # 3233

Comment

Working...
                X