eBay Seller “SNAZZYPIG” Buyer Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Seller “SNAZZYPIG” Buyer Beware

I was the winning bidder for an original peaked windshield in early January, from a seller that goes by “SNAZZYPIG”. Before I was able to get to my computer to make the payment, he canceled the transaction for no apparent reason. This about 15 hours after the auction ended. He claimed the “item was no longer available or in stock”. About 2 weeks later he re-listed the same windshield, using the same verbiage and photos as the original listing and sold it to someone else for almost 3x the price. Good for him, righ? Well except for the fact the I was the original winning bidder on a no reserve item! Ironically, he has good feedback for the previous 6 months (that’s all that eBay tracks) and he sells a lot of old Harley parts. For all I know he is a member here or on one of the other forums. I’ve been doing the eBay thing for over 12 years and have never encountered anything like this. I contacted eBay and they were no help, just a bunch of platitudes about how they expect buyers to be honest and do the right thing, blah, blah, blah... and no consequences for dishonest sellers, at least not in this case. Hope this is a one off deal, but I will not buy from him again.

Just a heads up.

As an ebay seller I have run into the run you in circles and no pay.I'm siding with the seller,he needed money or he would not have sold it.Pay as fast as you can on all ebay purchases.You snooze you lose

Comment

I responded to you elsewhere, Duffy. I was in comm with this guy and told him I had every intention to pay, that’s how I roll. My job puts me on the road often and sometimes out of the country. Not always possible to pull the payment trigger ASAP. As a seller, if I don’t receive a payment right away, I alwys reach out to the buyer and give them a shot to explain before shooting them down. But that’s just me. My eBay experiences are overwhelmingly positive.

Comment

I can see both sides, because I have been on both sides, but I would be inclined to the seller's point of view. I think the most inconvenience would be for the seller, as the seller does all the promotion, packing, and running around to ship the item. The buyer only has to pay, and wait for the package.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Come on really, canceled because payment wasn't made in 15 hours. I buy alot on Ebay and have a perfect rating and can't always make a payment as soon as an auction ends. I have a life, I don't own a smart phone and I don't sit at my computer 24/7. I usually pay within 24 hours but I don't think 48 or even 72 hours should be an issue. You entered an agreement when you made the max bid your word should be enough for at least a couple days. The seller didn't relist for 2 weeks so prompt payment wasn't an issue, he didn't like the price he got from you and thought he could do better.

Comment

I agree 15 hours is nothing, he just didn't like the price and pulled a fast one on the buyer. Don't count on ebay for help much.
            #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
            X