thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thieves

had a step hub wheel stolen at Wauseon this year, first for me at this meet, I'm wondering how many vendors had something stolen and can't or don't report it. hard to do anything about it other than taking the law into your own hands. for description the wheel was all chrome with a bald tire

That sucks Ronnie. I've purchased from you before and always great parts.
    AMCA #765

Comment

I got ripped off vending at an AMCA meet a few years ago. Classic distraction tactic by 3 jerkoffs who stole a pig snout kicker cover from me. That leaves a very bad taste, and though I will still sell parts; I haven't vended at a meet since that episode. I was only asking $10 for the darn thing which tells you it's the perverted thrill for a thief, not the money. Sorry to hear about your loss, Ronnie; there is that karma thing, but that doesn't get your part back.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Thirty-five years ago...

When I did the little tribal meets,

You had to watch your stuff real close when the 'wet T-shirt' contest was the distraction.

At the only meet I have worked for years and years, neighbors do their best to watch out for each other.

....Cotten
        PS: I received some money for my neighbor this year, when he was out of his booth as I was packing out.
        Unable to wait any longer, I figured I would put it on his truck seat. I found some customers had already tossed bills in!
        I think it has something to do with changing demographics.
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-04-2017, 11:29 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

My first year at Davenport (maybe 2007 or 2008) I shared a site with Ben Baker to display my frame parts.
          After setting up our respective displays, Ben looks at me and says “well your in charge. I'm off to look for bargains” and off he goes at a brisk pace with his bag trolley rattling through the ruts.
          I was jet lagged to the eyeballs, but thought I was handling it ok until Ben and an officer in a brown uniform (who had a site opposite us) came back and tells me that the horn that had been stolen from Ben's table had been recovered.
          Who, What, When...Huhh???
          When they described the play I remembered the guys. They resembled the Three Stooges.
          One was wiping his hands with an oily rag as he came in to look at Bens stuff and put the rag on the table and the three spread out firing questions from different areas. After a short time he picked up his rag and they left.
          They were spotted at another site doing the same routine and a big twin speedo left the site concealed by the rag. Their van had a lot of stolen stuff from different vendors.
          Steve Little
          Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
          Australia.
          AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
          X