Repop Sidecar windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repop Sidecar windshield

I am posting just to get some feedback here on a repop sidecar windshield I recently purchased. The frame came in bare metal, the trim for the windshield is like a razor blade in areas, no hardware for mounting the windshield to the frame. The frame was to be chromed and the trim polished. All hardware to be included to mount and secure everything up. I was told I did not even need to get a lockwasher that everything was included. This cost me a lot of $$$.$$. Before I post the suppliers name I am going to give them a chance to make this right. I am attaching a couple of pics for reference. Just looking for some feedback and honest opinions is all, Thanks in advance

IMG_8676.jpg IMG_8689.jpg

Here is what it should look like:

IMG_8682.jpg IMG_8683.jpg IMG_8680.jpg
    Last edited by RonH; 01-27-2017, 08:32 AM.

Originally posted by RonH View Post
    I am posting just to get some feedback here on a repop sidecar windshield I recently purchased. The frame came in bare metal, the trim for the windshield is like a razor blade in areas, no hardware for mounting the windshield to the frame. The frame was to be chromed and the trim polished. All hardware to be included to mount and secure everything up. I was told I did not even need to get a lockwasher that everything was included. This cost me a lot of $$$.$$. Before I post the suppliers name I am going to give them a chance to make this right. I am attaching a couple of pics for reference. Just looking for some feedback and honest opinions is all, Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19073[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19074[/ATTACH]

Here is what it should look like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19075[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19076[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19077[/ATTACH]
    UPDATE:

I did speak to Gary @ Starklite about the windshield, he said it was a miscommunication on my part and his on whether or not it was chrome. Personally for $649.95 +$75 shipping there should be no question on the chroming considering there is maybe $20 of steel there, the brackets and plastic windshield maybe another $250 and a piece if stainless another $40. So a total of maybe $310-$350 of materials, retail. He told me the windshield material was $200, I do not believe it, and if I wanted it chromed it would have been over $1000. I will say he did offer me a full refund on the part minus shipping and my shipping it back another $75.00 so I would be out $150.00. He told me in 20 years of building these he never had a complaint, There was a gentleman on the one forum who bought one and then sent it back because of the way it was made. By the way the chroming on all parts and the filing of the sharp edges of the stainless and polishing was only $200 here locally. I have decided to make a copy and then see what it will cost to make just one. I did learn a very valuable lesson here, if I buy anything from him again I will ask if all parts are plated or chromed! Lesson learned! :-)
    Last edited by RonH; 02-01-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X