Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used a L&W 36-67 metal sidecar body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used a L&W 36-67 metal sidecar body?

I have had a 1949 sidecar sitting for years waiting for me to restore when I retire. After 3 years of retirement I need to get going. My body-man says its too far gone for him to tackle. Has anyone used L&W, they seem to have been around for a long time. Hows the quality etc.

Thanks Curly

Everyone said the same thing about the sidecar I had. Almost all of the floor was gone, and the rot was going up the sides. I bought a small mig welder, and some sheet metal and went at it. It wasn't that hard to do because most all of the metal on a H-D sidecar is flat so you don't need shrinkers, stretchers, English wheels, or planishers. Just some good sheers, or a plasma cutter, a welder, and a grinder. Of course, I had to use a fair amount of Bondo. I wish I had a better picture from the right side, but I do think the sidecar body looked good after I finished it. As a side note; the car was a NYPD sidecar and it must have seen a lot of salted roads, and abuse. I would really try to save it for 2 reasons; it will cost you less to fix it, and you'll save most of a genuine H-D body.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I think The current body on Sarge's "Ol' Tex" is an L&W with a custom door in it. He'll let you know.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
      X