No announcement yet.

Looking 4 quality panhead shop & chief shop in Ohio or adjacent states please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking 4 quality panhead shop & chief shop in Ohio or adjacent states please

I posted this in engine rebuild too. Not sure where it belongs. I'm in need of 2 good shops to completely go through the motors and trans in each. I'm willing to trailer them a bit to get quality work at a fair price and time frame. Both need rebuilding after less than 1000 miles on them I had the pan done last year (300 miles ago) and the Indian was done right before I bought it. Both shops were not cheap. Thanks in advance.

My shop sign says: I work cheap,I work fast,I do quality work...PICK ONE

Comment

Never asked for fast or cheap. I've seen those signs before, they usually say pick any 2. Shiester.

Comment

Names,Really?I can think of some..my point is ask for quality and pay for it.This time of year any good shop is swamped

Comment

No I get that. That being said, clearly while expecting things to take longer or a shop to not lower their normal price because they're not slow, there is still a line for fair both in cost and time. Both my bikes were "rebuilt" not on the cheap by any means. The pan was promised in 3-4 months. 10 months later I got it back and it's unrideable. Paying that shop another $1000 wouldn't change anything. And shiester was sarcasm. It was a shot at your sign. Nothing more.

Comment

I made the sign because I'm honest.For the most part I don't do estimates either..only for modern bike standard services.

Comment

Bill
              Here are a couple of Ohio guys that I would trust to do excellent work at a fair price. For the Indian, Bob Bancroft, 330-876-1505, in Kinsman, OH (close to Warren, near PA border). For the Knuck, Bruce Linsday, 440-247-4020, Chagrin Falls, OH.
              Bruce is a World class restorer and Bob is a second generation Indian man. Both are long time members of Lake Erie Chapter and are easy to talk to.
              Hope this helps, Fred
              Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Bill
                OOPS. I meant to say , For the Pan, call Bruce. There are also some small, skunk-works type places on the west side of Cleveland that can do a fine job on the Pan. Some right in your neighborhood. Call if you would like more info. 419-577-1664/419-929-0291
                Fred
                Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

You could try Bob Willard 330 296 2726 in Ravenna. He worked on my 51 FL and is working on 41 FL cases for me now. Old motor repair is no jiffy lube industry. It can take time if you want things right.
                  Last edited by WebKahuna; 05-28-2016, 06:07 AM. Reason: Corrected phone number at poster request

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. The Indian found a fondler. 1 down just the pan to go.

Comment

Sorry, Bob Willard's number is 330 296 2726

Comment

Working...
                      X