Perry Ruiter problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Ruiter problem.

Has anyone had any dealings with Perry Ruiter recently?
    He has had a few thousand dollars worth of my Harley parts for several months - they were supposed to be a trade for one of his Harley parts.
    I got an email from him in May with a photo of all the parts I sent him to confirm he had received them all. He said he would be in touch the following month.
    Since that NOTHING.
    I have emailed him countless times but he has not replied to the emails.
    I would like the part he owes me sent to me, or ALL of my parts returned. He was getting an incredibly good deal.
    He has a good reputation so am suprised that he has behaved so badly. My parts are worth thousands more than the part he was supposed to send me - so why the problem?
    Can anyone please help me out with this? I'm in the UK.

Hi Rob. I sent 5 original dash bases to Perry last year. He did a great job and it was worth the wait. He,s a good guy and I don't think you'll have any trouble, aside from waiting. I've found that this community is small and the "Trusted" people are few. Regard Steve
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Comment

I would certainly give it more patience Rob; not to diminish your concern in any way. Perry is one of the premier people in this old motorcycle hobby.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I live near to him and have known him for years. I gave him a speedo to do for me about five months ago. When I gave it to him he asked me if I was in a hurry. I told him no and he said .... "good because I got a long list right now".

He'll get to everything in due course....he does excellent work and is very sought after. And his motorcycle stuff is not his bread and butter... he has a full time gig that takes a lot of his time.

Comment

Thank you to the members who very kindly replied. I appreciate Perry is a very busy man but the solution to the problem is so very easy to solve. All Perry has to do is package one part and mail it to me when he goes to the post office to mail his other parcels.
          He has had a few thousand dollars worth of parts from me for over six months. In that time I have emailed him several times without his replying.
          This situation would have tested anyone's patience to their limit.
          I truly believe Perry is an honest man. The solution is so very simple and quick. So please Perry, just mail the part to me.
          Thanks again to the members who replied.

Comment

Rob
            For what is worth; Mr. Ruiter allowed his AMCA membership to lapse 1/1/12
            Fred
            Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Thank you for taking an interest and giving me the info Fred. Perry seems to know everyone and he is always helping out on a number of sites with any query he can help with.
              His not taking the little time needed to mail the part to me is all the more puzzling because he is such a helpful individual, and he does excellent work for people at a reasonable cost. If anyone has an answer I'd like to hear it.
              Also, if Perry is reading this - please send the part, it's been six months that I've been waiting.
              Thanks again Fred.

Comment

He may be the most honest guy in the world, but for you guys defending him it only takes a minute to reply to an e mail. I would be concerned too. Good luck rob

Comment

I only wish the best for Perry,

And its not just because he has my hardware.
                  (After all, I have his!)

The nature of this industry is that things take forever.
                  If you want things fast, expect to pay triple, or get a third of the quality.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hi, all. I don't have an answer to this, and am not even sure that this is a "problem". There are at least two sides to most stories. However, I did talk to Perry this morning to let him know about this discussion, and I suspect he will be in contact soon.

Justin

Oh, P.S. Perry is not on this forum reading these messages, which is why I gave him a call.
                    Last edited by jstraker; 12-06-2015, 01:57 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

I'm very grateful that club members have taken an interest and taken the time to write their replies. My sincere thanks to you all. I am especially pleased that Justin Straker took the time to contact Perry and make him aware of the conversation taking place.

After not receiving replies to my several emails if Perry had still been a member of the club I would have tried contacting him personally through the club, instead of posting this thread and making it public. But now that Perry knows the conversation is taking place he will hopefully read the posts, and finally send the part I've been waiting on for six months or return all my parts.

Comment

Your are most welcome, Rob, and I hope you get the resolution you are looking for. I am not sure that Perry will be reading these posts, but he is aware of what is going on now. Perry has been a great help to me, and a gentleman, and I have the utmost confidence in him. Anyway, I hope it all works out. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X