Seller on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller on ebay

ebay seller "leadexp" seller's store "Saturday Afternoon Parts" has had a number of parts on ebay represented as OEM and OEM, NOS that are reproduction parts. Don't know if it's intentional or just a lack of knowing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301623330524...witem=&vxp=mtr

Here is a good example...NOT OEM....early repop. He sells a LOT of stuff, don't think he knows much about most of it.

Comment

That's not good. Caveat Emptor of course, but if the seller is going to use terms like NOS, or OEM he's a bullshitter.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Who cares what he calls it. It is your responsibility to educate yourself to avoid the scammers and uneducated sellers.
        And NOS and OEM out of context are no worse terms than Patriot or Christian as applied by most who use them......
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Tell that to the young guy just getting into the hobby who wastes his hard earned money on junk. You're always the first to callously point out reproduction on "restored" motorcycles that come up for criticism.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Tell that to the young guy just getting into the hobby who wastes his hard earned money on junk. You're always the first to callously point out reproduction on "restored" motorcycles that come up for criticism.
            I do tell them, that it is on them to learn first , buy later. Instant gratification does not exist in this hobby, as immediacy often causes regret. As for pointing out repop parts on pictured restorations it is usually in response to a request by someone posting it. You don't see me posting bikes just to beat them up. It is all about education, young or old, and if I can ad to that education I do. If you do not appreciate it don't read my posts. Pretty simple.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The primary function of a forum is to exchange information. To bring attention to bad reproduction, or ambiguous vendor statements can only help the neophyte. People that are new to this complex hobby don't have the vast collection of literature, experience, and research material that older members have, so it IS our responsibility to help, and educate new members, and collectors. Fortunately, many of our members are very generous with their knowledge, and willingly share what they know.
              Last edited by exeric; 05-07-2015, 08:29 PM.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, I have to agree with both of you to a point, but where my knuckle is concerned, if it had not been for guys like Dave Clemmons, who knows what I would have bought!There was little time to make sure everything was so so or another buyer would have stepped up in front of me. I'm an Indian guy who got as much help as I could when an opportunity fell in my lap on the 39 and could not pass it up. But i would have bought everything wrong after without Dave's help. I agree we all need to help each other and weed out the unscrupulous. A guy selling parts and not knowing what he has is hurting all of us. Even among the experts, we can get it wrong. The learning curve on this stuff is years to forever. My learning curve on this knuckle is the fastest of any bike I have had, but I already have found there is only a small circle of guys you can really depend on. This list already has been a big help to me and hope will to continue so as i build the knuckle. Marty

Comment

I know where you're coming from Marty. I had that issue with a Henderson KJ many years ago, but through the AMCA, I met honest, smart Henderson people and was able to find the weird, and rare stuff without making too many expensive mistakes. I don't always agree with Robbie, but he is one of the most knowledgeable Harley guys out there, and he makes extraordinary efforts to share his encyclopedic know-how, and vast collection of rare literature to help people. I think you do the same with Indians Marty, and that benefits everyone.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

I agree Marty - Dave Clemmons certainly is a great guy and a real pleasure to deal with. No ego at all; only help and consideration!
                    Bill Pedalino
                    Huntington, New York
                    AMCA 6755

Comment

you can always notify ebay about the fake part.
                      rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                      X