Scott's Speedometer - Pontiac Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott's Speedometer - Pontiac Michigan

Last summer my SW speedometer vibrated itself to death on my '48 Chief. The magnet frame went out of balance. Carl had a replacement frame and fixed it. One of the mounting ears to secure the face to had cracked. I had attempted a repair with JB Weld, but glued it incorrectly such that the ear would sit a material thickness proud of where it should be. Other than saying I attempted a band-aid repair of it, I hadn't discussed it more with Carl. When I picked up the speedometer, he told me that when reassembling it, he noticed it was not in the correct location. He redid the repair and put it back to the correct location without charging extra for it. The price for the replacement magnet frame assembly and calibration of the speedometer was comparable to other places I had checked. Convenient for me, his place was local. I think the work took about a week from when I dropped it off. Overall, I was pleased.

Dana

http://www.scottspeedometer.com/home/

Scott Speedometer Service
    196-198 West Walton Blvd.
    Pontiac, MI 48340
    Tel: 248-338-4148
    - Dana

Hey Dana, maybe you can shed a little light on the innards of an SW for the likes of TFBurke?

//http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bboard/showthread.php?24128-Indian-Stewart-Warner-speedometer
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

scotts speedometer

I used Scotts speedometer and he ripped me off for 250.00 over the cost for repair. It took three months before I got my speedo back with used parts. I had to send it John Bordas and he fixed it right.

Comment

When it comes to speedo repair, there is only 2 words " John Bordas " Period

Comment

I've found John to be fair and honest. He' done several SWs for me.
          VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by vph-d View Post
            I've found John to be fair and honest. He' done several SWs for me.
            VPH-D
            How do I get in touch with John?

Comment

Originally posted by RonH View Post

How do I get in touch with John?
              He advertises in the club magazine. Here is his advertisement.

John Bordas Speedometer.JPG
              Eric Olson
              Membership #18488

Comment

Working...
              X