John Bordas Speedometer Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bordas Speedometer Shop

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with John Bordas! I sent him a face for my 37 WL speedo and he built me a speedo around the face. His quality of work, turnaround time, ease to deal with was fantastic! His price was reasonable and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing anything speedo related. If everyone in the motorcycle industry was so easy to deal with, we'd all be so much happier! Thanks again John!

DD

You're one of many that speak so highly of John Bordas. I'm going to call him as ask if I can sent my speedometer and tachometer for my 1964 XLCH.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Bill,
      I asked John several years ago about the Smith instruments on my wife's 69 XLH. At that time, he did not work on them.
      VPH-D

Comment

That's very disappointing. Were you able to fond aynone to do the work?
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

John does Stewart Warner and perhaps some AC. The standard early CH is AC speedo and Smiths tach. (magnetic). There are several agencies who deal in Smith instruments. Nisonger comes to mind.And I am not sure who might do the later Veglia stuff. Perhaps North Hollywood. Perry Ruiter is a possibility. Early KR and XLR are chronometric which is another whole different arena..
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I would call him, he just did an early AC speedo for a 61 ch I'm working on for someone. I can't speak to the tachometer Bill, The correct tach for the 64 ch is the chronometric tach but it don't hurt to ask.
            1959 XLCH

Comment

I'll call him and discuss.
              Thanks...
              Bill Pedalino
              Huntington, New York
              AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
                Bill,
                I asked John several years ago about the Smith instruments on my wife's 69 XLH. At that time, he did not work on them.
                VPH-D
                A little late to the party, but he did the Smiths/AC tach/speedo for my 68xlh 3 or 4 years back (when he was still in CO) with out issue. Most recently he did a S-W speedo for a 69FLH and both were top notch work with more than reasonable rate and turn-around. He offered to do as little or as much restoration as I wanted. From serviced to restored and in between.

Comment

I would like to say thanks, and promote John Bordas speedo service.
                  I have sent about 6 or 7 speedos to John over the last couple of years.
                  I send each speedo with a short message on the symptom, and to inspect, repair, clean, and lube internals as needed.
                  I also request that the face and odometer be left as as they are.
                  Without exception, he follows the instructions, to the letter.

Recently one of the speedos had a conniption after 2000 miles, so I dropped it off to John at the Davenport swap meet, for him to have a look at.
                  John deemed that it was a warranty issue, fixed the speedo and airmailed it back to Australia.
                  Excellent service.
                  Steve Little
                  Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                  Australia.
                  AMCA member 1950

Comment

I wish more people were as easy to deal with as John Bordas.I called him and we discussed what I needed then I sent him my Stewart Warner speedo and Cable. He did an excellent rebuild, kept the odometer reading the same as requested and sent me a new cable. All while charging me less than his original estimate, something you don't experience often these days. The whole experience was a pleasure and painless. I highly recommend his services..

Vin Mello #7379

Comment

He is by far the best, thanks, Larry

Comment

DSC06036.jpg
                        Just want to put a thanks out to John Bordas for his quality of work. Great communication, completed what I asked for in a very timely manner, with a very acceptable price tag. I would recommend him to everyone.
                        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I'd just like to add my thanks to John Bordas for a first class job on my '48 speedometer. My speedo was a wreck, and had been through a fire but John resurrected it. When I opened the box he sent, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Beautiful work.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                            John does Stewart Warner and perhaps some AC. The standard early CH is AC speedo and Smiths tach. (magnetic). There are several agencies who deal in Smith instruments. Nisonger comes to mind.And I am not sure who might do the later Veglia stuff. Perhaps North Hollywood. Perry Ruiter is a possibility. Early KR and XLR are chronometric which is another whole different arena..
                            I used Nisonger a couple of months ago for my '64 CH chronometric tachometer and was quite impressed. Very professional people.
                            Bill Pedalino
                            Huntington, New York
                            AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
                            X