Bad experience with Antique Motorcycle Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experience with Antique Motorcycle Works

Has anyone dealt with Antique Motorcycle Works? I bought a transmission from them about 3 weeks ago and haven't recieved it yet. They will not answer my emails and then they sent me a tracking number that doesn't work and I think it's bogus to throw me off. I think they might be running a scam but a the least they have the worst service I have ever seen.

Don't worry I'm sure the tranny will show up. If the tracking number doesn't work it's probably an honest mistake. I doubt they're the type to give out bogus tracking numbers ... Perry

Comment

Busy, forgetful, but not dishonest. These are stand up guys. Did you talk nice to them on the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by AdminGuy
        Busy, forgetful, but not dishonest. These are stand up guys. Did you talk nice to them on the phone?
        Well I finally got the thing today but It took way too long. The fact that they often ignored my emails made them seem evasive and hence the distrust. I may buy from them again but only as a last resort. The transmission wasn't packaged very well either so I don't know.

Comment

Well, It's the antique M/C world. Things move slow. Years sometimes. -- I hear gails of laughter from around the globe now.

I don't expect much and therefore I often get surprised. I've found many things in this world are an exercise in sociology as opposed to commerce. So picking up the phone and talking nice, gets results.

Besides, you got your tran. and still managed to bad mouth these guys during a very busy time. Which upsets me - as I feel it was uncalled for.

So in the future folks - try to use this area as a last resort. And try to lay it all out clearly. Two sides to every situation, as I feel this example clearly shows.

I'm happy everything worked out.

** A tip - write your message in the subject line of your email. It will stand out from the clutter this way. Also- many guys do not check email daily. So ph first and tell them to check email. Ya, silly. But it works.

Comment

Just thought I would leave a reply about Antique Cycle Supply.I've used them several times for paint and just general information.They have always been very professional and helpful.
            Posting the negative feedback seems to have been a little premature.

Comment

Antique Cycle Supply is a different company than Antique Motorcycle Works. They serve entirely different markets. Antique Cycle Supply is primarily Harleys from 1936 and newer, Antique Motorcycle Works is primarily pre1930 American made machines (all makes). Both are well established and respected businesses ... Perry

Comment

I've always had good luck with Mike & Matt at Antique MC Works. I saw Mike last weekend at Eustis and as always enjoyed talking with him. It's quite a haul from Oregon to central Florida, so I'll give him a week before placing my next order. Starting this time of year people are gearing up for the meets and traveling alot, so I try to be patient and understanding of their situation.
                Johnny (in Nashville)

Comment

In this ever changing world Ive found it always better to say it will take awhile longer than I know it will ! Then people dont get mad.
                  Last week I E-mailed Mike and expected to have it take quit some time to even get a response! Much to my surprise it was FAST! Although he had already sold the 1940 Sport Scout I was looking for! I tip my hat to him
                  LESS WE FORGET GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME andIm sure they are quite busy and your order was processed in the order it was recieved. Now you have it enjoy!!!

Comment

I agree with the group in general. Like Admin Guy said, "We are operating in the Antique motorcycle world and things can take time. I waited nearly 4 months last year for a rotor and stator for one of my BSA's. I've also had parcels come from New Jersey in under five days. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw, but the parts seem to always show up. I've heard a lot of good things about the boys at Antique Motorcycle Works and if one has read any articles on them over the years or have visited their web-site, it does appear that these fellows can be busy at times. "Good things come to those who wait".

Comment

Working...
                    X