Difficulties with AAOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulties with AAOK

I am not one to complain about vendors but my recent experience with AAOK should be shared. On March 3, 2014 I placed an Order with AAOK for some basic items for an Old Harley (hardware, etc). A few weeks later I had heard nothing so I followed up. I was told that they were waiting to get my parts from their vendors but would send the parts they had and send the rest later. I received 1/2 of the order approximately a month after my purchase and then they dropped off the face of the earth. It has now been 2 1/2 months waiting for my parts and now I cannot even get a response to an email or call. I have gone as far as asked them to cancel the rest of my order and refund my money and still no response. As of today, they still haven't made it right.

I have used AAOK in the past and they had been decent. However, with all the vendors out there these days, AAOK is not worth the headache.
    Eric Hitzel
    AMCA 14954

Same problem, I had
    you may have to go through your credit card company to get them to refund the rest of the order

Comment

I placed and paid for an order withh AAOK on Mar 6,2014 still have not rec'd won't answer phone calls or return emails . anyone know where to get a 39-46 tailight AAOK had them on thier site with "HARLEY DAVIDSON" embossed into the casting anyone know where they are reproduced ?

Comment

You can get the tail light from Carl Olsen at Carl's Cycle Supply. He had them at Oley and they were $400 and stamped with HD on them.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA #12766

Comment

They (were/maybe still are), being presssed and manufactured in Poland.
          I think his Christian name is Marcin and he was walking around selling them from his backpack at Davenport about 4 years ago.
          Steve Little
          Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
          Australia.
          AMCA member 1950

Comment

We have the taillight bodies with the proper stamping. They are $150 ea., the guy in Poland has the lenses.
            Carl
            http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

I have heard that someone is selling bodies that have Harley-Davidson engraved on them instead of it being stampped in.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

When this guy from Poland came into my site (about 4 maybe 5 years ago) at Davenport, he was stamping the bodies, the internal bracketry and making the lenses. The only part he was unhappy with, and had not sourced at that time was the proper style external side screws for the later tail light.
                The guy who was with me (Craig Clack) had a few of his bikes on display, and they all had original tail lights.
                We compared the Polish light body and script to the originals. The Polish light looked so good, they could not be distinguished from original.
                If the Polish guys are only making lenses now, I wonder where the die sets for the other parts went?

Regards Steve
                Steve Little
                Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                Australia.
                AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                  You can get the tail light from Carl Olsen at Carl's Cycle Supply. He had them at Oley and they were $400 and stamped with HD on them.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                  AMCA #12766
                  Thanks Rollo , I spoke With " Carls's" and have one coming

Comment

Working...
                  X